• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Renoun Z 77

Tomkat1962

Booting up
Skier
I was considering the 77 for eastern skiing and was wondering if the 180cm would be good for me. I weigh 190 lbs 5’10 and I would be somewhere in the intermediate/advanced category. I don’t see many reviews of this model and was wondering what people think of it. How would it compare to similar waisted skis? Is it more towards a demanding ski or is it forgiving enough for the average Joe? I don’t want a ski that is overly tiring but I do want something with great edge grip for hard icy conditions. How would it compare to the Blossom Whiteout? That is another ski I was reading about and it sounded interesting. Also not sure about lengths I haven’t tried too many skis lately but when I have tried them in the 170 range I always seem to think they feel a bit short but maybe it would just take some time to adapt to the shorter length and it would be better for my level? Thx for any opinions

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is some light reading to start with:

The is out of the line, you can find more that a few threads abotu it here. The Atlas 80 replaces it Read above also. The White Out is another darling of those in the know and is a stellar ski. Smooth, supple and damp, mayne a bit damper than the Renoun even with it's HDT.

TS
Tomkat1962

Tomkat1962

Booting up
Skier

The is out of the line, you can find more that a few threads abotu it here. The Atlas 80 replaces it Read above also. The White Out is another darling of those in the know and is a stellar ski. Smooth, supple and damp, mayne a bit damper than the Renoun even with it's HDT.
Thx for that. What length would you think I would need in the Whiteout?

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Possibly my all-time favorite thread on SkiTalk. A sublime round-up.

puptwin

good ideas, poorly executed
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Does the White Out require speed to wake up or can it be skied at slower speeds?

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
The White Out, thanks to it having a slightly softer tip (for about 5 cm or so) rolls onto the new edge quite well at slower speeds. I used it extensively in my role as a ski school trainer in doing demonstrations in our clinics and with intermediate students.

At the same time, it will go as fast as you want with excellent grip and responsiveness.

Sponsor

Staff online