• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Report from the 2023 Volkl Press Junket from Sun Valley

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Volkl-Puglies-Sun-Valley-Slider-Pugliese.jpeg
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Report from the 2023 Volkl Press Junket from Sun Valley. Please add to the discussion here.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmmmmmm not sure what to think of the new m102

tighter radius kendo to match enforcers more?

anything new on bindings? saw some pics suggesting jester might not be so grey anymore?

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Good articles Phil! :beercheer: I've chimed in on the M6 already on several threads. I dropped it down a size for me (6' 215 lbs) to a 177 and for east coast. The M6 is intuitive on a level whereby it seems a true extension of my body. It's hard to tell where my body ends and the skis begin. I've owned 5 or more sets of past Mantras, and these are the most versatile I've been on. They execute on a level that far exceeded my expectations. After several days of intense practice, I have yet to find a weakness in this ski. (Tips & Tails detuned - my pref)

Mantra M6, I think Volkl nailed this one! If you size for your purposes, I think just about anyone beyond novice, can handle this ski. Take it easy and it "Chills". Crank on it, and it instantly ramps up and rebounds to meet you at your level. Lean fwd..."Engage" and it responds like Riker on the Enterprise. Center - and it Hops like a horny bunny rabbit!. Lean back and it rescues you from any possibility of a mistimed jump, or encounter w/ unexpected junk, mogul or obstacle. It's a "Ball of Confusion" because it does EVERYTHING and I remain confused as to how they made this ski so adaptable....

The words that kept popping into mind were; "SWEET! It does this move too.?!?...Damn nice ski!...."

Attachments

• 20211203_131108.jpg
    20211203_131108.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211203_131247.jpg
    20211203_131247.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No, Not gonna read that, don't have the courage for it.

PLEASE someone just tell me there is no new Deacon VWerks that is vastly better than the current model. Please.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Frankly we're seeing more manufacturers looking into personal expriences like this media junket ( @cantunamunch don't go there! Junket doesn't conjure up bad vibes to everyone) rather than spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on giant booths at trade shows.
I really think we and they get more out of it, bringing more information to you instead of dibbles and dabbles from a trade show floor.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
No, Not gonna read that, don't have the courage for it.

PLEASE someone just tell me there is no new Deacon VWerks that is vastly better than the current model. Please.
Some new shapes and slight construction change, but nothing VWerks related :D

whumber

Putting on skis
Skier
Did they say if the Racetiger SL Master is going to be sold in the US? I bought a pair from a Canadian dealer to replace a set of the beer league Racetigers that were stolen and I've been shocked at how good they are. Nearly all the performance benefits I love from the old SL Pro but with that little bit of tip rocker from the beer league version that makes it more friendly when the snow is not perfectly smooth.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I miss Sun Valley!

Plan to resume our 2x yearly trips next season.

Gonna get me some Exhibition and Fire Trail!

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Heh. In this political town, 'junket' isn't really a positive word. At all. More like 'legislators spending taxpayer money for their own fun and profit'.

Might be slightly positive in Hollywood, but that's the only place lol.

Sponsor

Staff online