• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Report from the Snow: 2021 Waterville Valley Demo

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
any news on new blackops 110 or menace 98 replacement and specs?

anyone test the new m6?

The new Dynastar MFree 99 was shown in the Skitalk Facebook video and heard from a few people online it skis just like a lighter, quicker MFree 108. Hear the sizes are going to be 171, 179 and 185cm with 128/99/120 dimensions. Not sure of turn radius yet but assuming around 20m in the 185cm as it’s almost identical to 186cm MPro 99 dimensions and it’s 22m. Guessing weight around 2050 grams in the 185cm but hoping that length is a bit beefed up.

I’ve only seen pics of the new Black Ops twin but no specs yet.

Reviews from @Philpug on the M6 on this site and Ski Essentials did a video review a few weeks ago.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
any news on new blackops 110 or menace 98 replacement and specs?

anyone test the new m6?
I'm not sure if anyone got on the BlackOps 110. We really weren't getting that kind of snow until afternoon on the last day and I know I didn't get on anything bigger than 106 under foot.

Phil and I have a preview up about the M6/Secret 96.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
True, but a big segment of the industry is still judging that whole category because of that.

In my experience, it's about 1 customer in 500.

James

Out There
Instructor
She’d go faster on black bases...
That video has been removed.

James

Out There
Instructor
Something's wrong with the link. Try this one:

Yes that one worked.

See y’all think that’s slo motion video at times. It’s not. What it is is drag from the bases exposed by Matrix-Vision. I can’t tell you about it.
Those goggles will be good when waxing to prevent “base blindness” from staring into the yellow base. It’s the deer syndrome. She might never ski again. :geek: ogsmile

Coolhand

Getting off the lift
Skier
Skied the new Curv GT a couple of weeks ago. One word. WOW! All the precision that you would expect, but with more ease and range than past iterations of the Curv. This will appeal to more skiers. A couple of us in our shop have ordered our own for next season.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I really like the new Curv GT..more than the older one, I think because of the new tip design, gone is the older gradual tip and enter the new more traditional design akin to the RC4 CT.. I have been waiting patiently for my pair to arrive. Waiting...waiting....waiting...I hate waiting.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dave Petersen
    Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid