• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Respirator options

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
At least on Trione, magnets are partly solution, but it doesn't mean all is good. They take some metal dust but nowhere near enough, that you could say all is cool, I don't need mask. I have no idea about Razor tune, as I have never even seen it, much less use it, but I would say it shouldn't be much different.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I use a 3m 7000? series,gf uses 6500? with all fancy bells & whistles.

I have to admit I've done razor-tune without proper respirator and you definetly feel something funky and not well for you was going on.

please use a respirator.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Ive never used the tuner in question and I the respirator recommendations are on point with my thoughts, but I use a Festool dust extractor nearly everyday and it's literally been a life changer. I used to get bad sinus headaches after a day of working(saw/sanding/etc), even when using 'dust masks', but with that Festool hooked up it makes the work environment SO much more pleasant.

I kinda wonder if the tuning tool could be mounted(kinda like a router table) and the skis passed over it? Then you could suck the dust right from the 'table'.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ive never used the tuner in question and I the respirator recommendations are on point with my thoughts, but I use a Festool dust extractor nearly everyday and it's literally been a life changer. I used to get bad sinus headaches after a day of working(saw/sanding/etc), even when using 'dust masks', but with that Festool hooked up it makes the work environment SO much more pleasant.

I kinda wonder if the tuning tool could be mounted(kinda like a router table) and the skis passed over it? Then you could suck the dust right from the 'table'.

Which Festool are you using?

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
At least on Trione, magnets are partly solution, but it doesn't mean all is good. They take some metal dust but nowhere near enough, that you could say all is cool, I don't need mask. I have no idea about Razor tune, as I have never even seen it, much less use it, but I would say it shouldn't be much different.
And the Trione does have a dust port, but if you hook it to a shop vac, you need to be very conscious about taking care of the vac and not letting it get clogged with hot metal. One of the shops near me burnt out either two or three shop vacs that way, and I think it was in under a month.