• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
PSA, 1984 Volkl Weltcup Renntiger-R Skis, 205 cm. NOS, undrilled.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-198...006281?hash=item3abb82ac09:g:2dwAAOSwGotWmv-b

Volkl NOS.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
PSA for @Philpug Spademan Rental Plates for the price of shipping! I almost sent a PM then remembered there are many others here that would actually ski them more than me..

http://www.epicski.com/t/115424/spademan-bindings#post_1968942

"Don't know if Philpug or lynbird are still following. I see it has bean a year. I have a set of Spademan bindings on an old pair of Rossi Equip 190s. Been hanging around for years. I actually took them out to the hill last week and skied them. They still seem to work but at 74 I think I will stick to the modern shorter skis. I plan to get rid of them and rather than throw them out I would be glad to give them to someone for the price of shipping. I also have a pair of the rental plates which I used to avoid mounting the plate on my modern boot.Anybody interested let me know."

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
My wife and I have sold our ski house, for all of the right reasons {may be turning it into two condos; East and West.}. At any rate, we have stuff that we've held onto for a long time, including a lot of "classic" clothing and gear. I'm going to donate all of the proceeds to a ski racing cause.

I can PM much more detail on each of the following garments:

1. This is a two piece Phenix coat and vest combination. The vest fits over the jacket. You can wear one, or the other, or both. This was the best made by Phenix, around 1994. This is an XL. It's had some wear, but it's still in tremendous shape for a 1994 garment. It has one tiny grease sport on it, but no rips, no tears, and no real visible signs of wear. This has great soft, yet durable fabric. It was a very expensive garment. I'd like $40 for this.
IMG_1627.jpg

2. This is also Phenix, and also a MEDIUM. Our son actually wore this one, as it was given to him by his Rossignol race rep, when he was about 13-14. It has Rossignol embroidered across the back. This is the jacket that Rossi techs on the WC wore on the WC around 1999-2000. It has sleeves that zip off, so it can be worn as a vest. It has a reflective stipe on the chest, sleeves and across the back. Another absolute top quality garment. This one has been worn quite a bit, but they wear like iron, and it is by no means trashed. It has no defects at all. No rips, no stains, nothing.
I'd like $40 for this one.

IMG_1608.jpg

3. This is a pretty neat retro look for a woman. It's a Powderhorn jacket, which is thigh length. The waist can be cinched with the drawstring. Hood is in the collar. The entire lining is the pink and white striped look, which is pretty cool. It's been work, but again it's in great shape. Zero defects.
Size 10.
I'd like $25 for it.

IMG_1622.jpg

I have a lot of pictures of each garment. Send me a message if you'd like to see more.
The prices DON'T include shipping, and as you probably know the USPS just increased all of their rates. I'm thinking that some might want more that one of these, and we can combine them. I'll ship any one of them for $15.

If you have any interest in this stuff, let me know. We're keeping a few things, but just have too much "stuff' !!

Last edited:

Muleski

Inactive
I've only worn it with a pass around my neck. I would probably put it on a zipper, probably on the chest pocket on the quilted side, and open the main zip to then show it to a liftie.
My guess is the liftie won't be checking much...will be checking out the coat!
Let me check it more closely........

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
oh dear, oh my, oh woe, oh she would *never* consent to wearing that no matter how much Gluhwein I brew.

Wait, that's not, that couldn't be...a Volant V?

Muleski

Inactive
I think I recall the shop guy asking me if I were a man or a mouse when I bought the two wooly mammoth jackets. He also flattered me with some BS about my wife ad I being able to get away with them, based on ski skills and personality. Either way, he moved them out of the shop on into our house. My now 26 year old daughter once kidded me that I should have worn it to a NoeAM SG at Whiteface, and she would have skied faster.....

Hmmm, the "V" on the Phenix, I think, was some of their branding. Don't think it had a thing to do with Volant, but I see the resemblance. I bought that one off the rack at Starting Gate in Stratton, the day it went on sale, while we were thee for a late season kid's race. I loved those jacket/vest combo's.

Just don't need them with much smaller closet space, and an army of current shells, mid layers, rain jackets, etc. The retro wear of 2036 or so.

This is pretty neat stuff, and it's in great shape.

Muleski

Inactive
I had my wife check the ticket loop options on the two black Sasquatch looking coats. Evidently, they were not at the top of the Spider designers list. I get it, as the quilted USST insulators of that day didn't have one either. Think you need to use a zipper, or the standard racer look of the goggle strap.

She was chuckling say that she couldn't imagine a liftie every checking somebody wearing one of those for a ticket. Maybe a whole different "value proposition" for them.

Thanks for the interest!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya, my daughter won't wear her "good" ski jacket because functionality and utility aren't high on her list over what style it is. Got her a light puffy Oberrmeyer with a ticket ring but was looking for something a little heavier. Her favorite heavy puffer doesn't have zippers on the side pockets either, just the main, flapping the face option. That "joket" would be great for her if it had some more features.

Muleski

Inactive
Check these out. Not sure if 2004 is old enough to be "Retro", but it sure is vintage or classic. And these are classics.

2003-4 Stockli Stormrider XL offroad. The red white and blue "flames" graphic. 184cm, 20M radius, 116/75/102. These were one of the first "wide" vertical sidewall, full sandwich construction, two layers of titanal NON-race skis. I have two pairs of the next generation of graphics that I still ski pretty often, and they still perform. Stockli really nailed it with this ski.

These are mounted with a 10mm Vist spacer plate. Another classic of that time. Gives you the lift, and lets the ski flex. It also enables you to also remount bindings without needing to redrill into the top sheet.

Bindings included. Solly 914's. They look great on the ski. This pair is in exceptional condition. Came off a pair of my daughter's J3 SG race skis, which had hardly any use. I removed a heavily used pair of 916's which are on my rock skis these days.

The plates are drilled right now for a 305mm BSL.

The skis are really good shape. Some small chips on the edge of the top sheets in a few places. Overall the top sheets look great. They have a ton of edge left. Bases have always been loaded with wax. The bases are in very good shape, and more importantly thy have been lightly ground ONCE, when they were new. Stockli doesn't skimp on materials. If you want to make the bottoms perfect, a light grind will do it.

As I've mentioned, we have more ski stuff than I have room for. That simple. I'd love to hang onto it all, but having downsized out of our ski house as well, I can't. These need a good home.

I'd like to clear $125 on these. I'm going to donate the proceeds of all of these sales to a good ski cause, or two. The shipping will probably run about $50. Pick them up north of Boston, and it's easy!

I thought I'd post here before anywhere else, in case we had a fan......check out the pics below:

IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_1698.jpg
IMG_1693.jpg
IMG_1697.jpg
IMG_1702.JPG

Muleski

Inactive
Any interest in these?
Two vintage Bula USST hats. I don't think either has ever been worn. Both are perfect. Pretty neat. I would say circa 1995, or so. See below.

1. One is gray wool, with a tan suede {might be fake suede, but nice quality} brim that has the eagles used by the USST in their branding at the time. Has the embroidered USST logo on the front, and two gold Bula logo's on either side. The rear adjustment is a black leather strap and clasp. Nice hat. Pic is below.

2. The other is a soft back fuzzy textured hat, with a black suede brim. Same logos as the the other one. The rear close is a nylon strap with a plastic clasp. Also high quality. Fun hat.

I'd like $25 each, shipped. Remember, the cost to mail just went up. Ouch.

Please message me with any questions, for more pictures, etc.

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

Muleski

Inactive
Bump.....Any interest in the jackets, or hats?
I have somebody on Epic questioning whether the "Sasquatch" is authentic, which is pretty humorous given who I bought them form. I think the biggest buyer of Spyder product in the country at the time.

Seriously, make me an offer on any of this!!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had one of the Bula cow hats, one of my favorites.

Muleski

Inactive
Funny, we had a ton of them. The ONLY ones that our kids want to keep are the cow pattern, and the Greatful Dead USST hats. Cow headband, too!

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Ya, my daughter won't wear her "good" ski jacket because functionality and utility aren't high on her list over what style it is. Got her a light puffy Oberrmeyer with a ticket ring but was looking for something a little heavier. Her favorite heavy puffer doesn't have zippers on the side pockets either, just the main, flapping the face option. That "joket" would be great for her if it had some more features.

Alteration to add a ring for lift tickets or a pocket for passes shouldn't be a big deal. After all, making daddy's little girl happy is ... Priceless! ;)

Muleski

Inactive
The two black, wooly, Sasquatch-looking Spyder jackets have been SOLD....

BTW, is there a way to edit posts to show that kind of stuff?

James

Out There
Instructor
That fuzzy brown hat really should go with the Sasquatch coats! Complete his chick magnet look.
Bummed about the Stocklis. I would have skied them. Cantuna is going to Frankenstein them!

Oh...missing an arm!! Used by Monty Python??
image.jpg

Last edited:

Muleski

Inactive
The hat is black. Would be a great match. Still available to a good home.

The Stockli's have gone to a good home, and I'm curious to see them used in their next life!

Rossi/Phenix coat is VERY versatile. Yep it has TWO sleeves, and they both zip on and zip off, so it could fit a lot of needs.....if you're a size Medium!

These Phenix jackets were about as nice as it got at the time they were made. Pretty surprised that I still have all four. The old place has more buyers.....this place has far better "discussion"!! HaHa!!

Sponsor

Staff online