• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every brand has a universal wax, thats what Phantom is, it works well in most conditions and temps...like a universal wax. If you love to go into your shop and wax your skis over a beverage of choice, Phantom isn't for you. There are people who spend more for a couple of grams of Graphite wax...Phantom is not for them. We have 4 pair od DPS's in our test fleet, all have Phantom and they are all skiing fine.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have Phantom 2.0 on my Enforcer 100's. I find the glide variable. Really depends on the water content & temp. of the snow it seems. I interested to see if they are better after a stone grind,but that probably won't happen until next season.

Seems like the they struggle on dry cold snow. Seems they do better when the snow is slightly wetter.
I had my Enforcer 100's Phantom 2.0 treated, Stoneground at the beginning of this season. Phantom is even better then it was originally. It seems much faster on dry (as dry as we get here in the PNW) cold snow. Marked improvement after stone grinding.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I had my Enforcer 100's Phantom 2.0 treated, Stoneground at the beginning of this season. Phantom is even better then it was originally. It seems much faster on dry (as dry as we get here in the PNW) cold snow. Marked improvement after stone grinding.
I meant to say they were treated last year and stone ground at the beginning of this season!

dlinfiniti

Booting up
Skier
i guess they decided not to call it 3.0 but the single application kit is what I mean as opposed to the Part A and B thing we used to have to do

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Website is still showing Part A and B, just shorter cure times for them (no more 6 hours of direct sun).

Is there now a one-part Phantom?

dlinfiniti

Booting up
Skier
the box now says "one part formula"
the packet is now gray instead of a red and black one

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Odd. Everything else on the website and the instructions and the FAQ still talks about parts A and B. I've gotta think that's just a mistake on the graphic for the box. Maybe it was supposed to say "1-time formula"?

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier

Confusing.... "one part formula" is on the box. Yet two packages of material are shown. And the instructions on the same site say:

For proper PHANTOM application, it’s critical for there be strong, direct sunlight and temperatures over 32ºF / 0ºC. • PHANTOM cure time under direct outdoor sun is roughly 2 hours total (1 hour for part A, 1 hour for part B). It takes approximately another 20 minutes of prep work and brushing to complete an application.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I submitted this question to DPS on their "contact us" form on the website. I expect an answer in 3 days.

I'm a user of DPS Phantom (1.0) on my skis. Applied by myself. I noted that your 2.0 version takes less time to cure.

However, I'm confused by the latest packaging where the box says "One Part Formula" -- yet the instructions still call out for Part A and Part B to be applied to the skis.

Do you have a newer-than-2.0 formula that does not have Part A and Part B? What is the meaning of the "One Part Formula" text on the packaging?

The package image is: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0079/8133/4575/products/PHANTOM-PDP_1000x.jpg?v=1595777043

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
It takes approximately another 20 minutes of prep work and brushing to complete an application.
My Kore 93s got only a few minutes of power brushing. See my post #838 below:
I can't really answer your question but when I recently picked up my newly DPS'd skis the shop guy who hadn't been on duty when my skis were treated, couldn't find my skis until he looked in the DPS UV Box. The skis did not look gummy and he quickly finished the job with a power rotor brush. I think it was the DPS Phantom 2.0

ForeverSki

Getting on the lift
Skier
Confusing.... "one part formula" is on the box. Yet two packages of material are shown. And the instructions on the same site say:

For proper PHANTOM application, it’s critical for there be strong, direct sunlight and temperatures over 32ºF / 0ºC. • PHANTOM cure time under direct outdoor sun is roughly 2 hours total (1 hour for part A, 1 hour for part B). It takes approximately another 20 minutes of prep work and brushing to complete an application.
I suppose the two packets are one packet per ski. As of April 2019, commercial applications with a UV box required only one part of solution. Perhaps the one-part application has moved into the consumer space.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I suppose the two packets are one packet per ski. As of April 2019, commercial applications with a UV box required only one part of solution. Perhaps the one-part application has moved into the consumer space.
If that's true, then the website is way out of date. It still says:

" PHANTOM can be applied professionally by an Authorized PHANTOM Installer using a Cure Station. The process takes approximately 15 minutes for part A, and 15 minutes for part B, with minor additional preparation and soak time. "

ForeverSki

Getting on the lift
Skier
If that's true, then the website is way out of date. It still says:

" PHANTOM can be applied professionally by an Authorized PHANTOM Installer using a Cure Station. The process takes approximately 15 minutes for part A, and 15 minutes for part B, with minor additional preparation and soak time. "
Definitely out of date. The shop at Breck and REI in Denver already moved to the one-part application by April 2019. I had mine done at Breck.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I submitted this question to DPS on their "contact us" form on the website. I expect an answer in 3 days.

I'm a user of DPS Phantom (1.0) on my skis. Applied by myself. I noted that your 2.0 version takes less time to cure.

However, I'm confused by the latest packaging where the box says "One Part Formula" -- yet the instructions still call out for Part A and Part B to be applied to the skis.

Do you have a newer-than-2.0 formula that does not have Part A and Part B? What is the meaning of the "One Part Formula" text on the packaging?

The package image is: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0079/8133/4575/products/PHANTOM-PDP_1000x.jpg?v=1595777043

DPS answered this (quote below). Yes, it is a 1-part application formula now. No, it is not DPS 3.0

Bryce replied
Jan 12, 10:26pm​
Hey,

Thanks for reaching out, the one part is the newest formula it does not have part A or B just one part. In the packaging, there is a web link that is specifically for the new formula. The one part is a much quicker application in the process so that customers don't have to have as much time to get the job done.

Cheers,

----
Bryce Hermanussen
DPS Skis
+1.801.413.1737

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
DPS answered this (quote below). Yes, it is a 1-part application formula now. No, it is not DPS 3.0

Bryce replied
Jan 12, 10:26pm​
the one part is the newest formula it does not have part A or B just one part. In the packaging, there is a web link that is specifically for the new formula.

Anybody have the secret link found only in the packaging?! ;)

Seems odd that the link I find on their site still describes the old, two-part formulation.