• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Review of 4 goggles...so do you see colored blobs in your vision on flat-light days, also?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My Anon M2 goggles after 3 (I think) seasons:

IMG_1650.JPG

Up until this happened, I was a HUGE fan. We'll see if they ever respond.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
UPDATE: I got ahold of Anon/Burton on the phone and was informed that goggle warranty was one year.

They didn't seem to care at all that in my 64 years on this planet, I've never had another goggle exhibit this kind of foam failure.

Back to trusty Smith, I guess: "All Smith sunglasses and goggles (including custom goggles) are covered for the lifetime of the product to be free from manufacturer's defects ..."

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
UPDATE: I got ahold of Anon/Burton on the phone and was informed that goggle warranty was one year.

They didn't seem to care at all that in my 64 years on this planet, I've never had another goggle exhibit this kind of foam failure.

Back to trusty Smith, I guess: "All Smith sunglasses and goggles (including custom goggles) are covered for the lifetime of the product to be free from manufacturer's defects ..."
That sucks as I am well entrenched in the Anon goggle world. Time to shame them, publicly. This shall not go unpunished.

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anon fan here, too. Haven't seen this problem so far. Lots of love for the easy lens swap!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That sucks as I am well entrenched in the Anon goggle world. Time to shame them, publicly. This shall not go unpunished.

Anon fan here, too. Haven't seen this problem so far. Lots of love for the easy lens swap!

Funny story that I have zero guilt relating: I have a new pair of M2s I bought on deep discount a month ago. I'll be returning the old ones under the new receipt after 11 months.

FWIW I skied in the Smith Squad XLs today on a bright sunny day. The highest compliment is that I forgot I had new goggles on until I was back at the van at the end of the day.

TS
H

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Update about the Xevo goggles: The yellow lens is the best for me in very flat light, better than the orange (or maybe amber). But the yellow is too bright on mixed light days when the orange-amber is better. As I age my vision changes, maybe more quickly in later years, and I'm fiddling with lenses to try to keep up. I do like the Xevos, and the price is right.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I decided to order the Revo Bode Miller #6 with the Blue Water lens and the yellow tented lens plus a cleaning kit. The goggles were on sale for $239 and the cleaning kit @ $14.99 bringing the total to $253.99. I found a code, HOLE19 that gave me an additional 25% off bringing the total to $190.50 including free shipping. Hopefully they will help out with my flat light vision problems.