• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Review: Transpack Competition Pro Boot/Gear Bag

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
1424224606885.png

Why would someone want a boot/gear bag so massive that they can literally haul all their stuff plus their kids’ stuff up to the mountain and yet not be able to carry it on an airplane because it is so massive?

I asked myself this question at the airport, shortly before boarding a plane to Montana last year.

The answer? Me! I quickly took out enough gear to make the bag fit in the overhead, and I was pleased that the Transpak Competition Pro bag was able to fold into itself enough to accommodate the task.

I was also pleasantly pleased when later that season, virtually every weekend, I was able to haul ALL my gear and my little race-program youngster’s gear up to the lodge to gear up before practice.

Yes, this bag fits it all. Adult boots? Check. Use the built in Boot compartments. Junior boots? No problem. I fit them “spooned” into my boots right in the same compartments because they’re so massive. Jackets, puffies, gloves, spare goggles, 2 helmets even? NO PROBLEM for the Transpack Competition Pro.

If you wanted to sum this product up in one word—it would be CAVERNOUS. Do I love it? Yes, for an every-day/every-weekend gear solution that can haul everything needed for a parent with kids—AND go right on your back from the car up to the lodge or even the starting gate.

Oh, and I am EXTREMELY hard on gear. This thing after an entire season looks brand new. Seams and zippers are still good as the day it came via the mail.

WHO IS IT FOR? A skier or rider that is looking for a bag that can haul the kitchen sink; (along with their kids’ sink as well!) budget conscious skiers and riders that don’t need to shell out for a heated boot bag.

WHO IS IT NOT FOR? Someone who’s looking for a heated boot bag, or an efficient carry-on style boot bag that just carries the essentials for a single-person jaunt.

INSIDERS TIP: Utilize the interior pockets for your “stash/go-to” goodies; put your extras such as spare gloves, a puffy, and the like in the bottom of the “main” compartment to provide structure and padding to the bottom of the bag between boot compartments.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Transpack has a great selection of bootbags with the Competition being the largest of their backpack with a cavernous 4400cu/in capacity.

Additional INSIDER TIP: Where most boot bags have black liners, Transpack has gray ones. It was Tog who actually came up with this idea to change the color because a black lining makes it tough to find accessories, which are usually black. . I mentioned it to the owner of Transpack and he thought it was a great idea and immediately called their designers to make a running change.