• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ripsticks ?

https://www.skiessentials.com/

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"Believe it or not". The maggots at TGR bought me a new pair of Elan 2021 Ripsticks Green ones, difference a strip of carbon on edge.

I heard talk of that, and saw the thread. Awesome!

LoneStarMtnLover

Booting up
Skier
Can anyone comment why someone would opt for a RS106 Black Edition over the equivalent in 96? Most of the unusually enthusiastic reviews I've watched have been for the latter, including the two main spokespeople at Ski Essentials. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can anyone comment why someone would opt for a RS106 Black Edition over the equivalent in 96? Most of the unusually enthusiastic reviews I've watched have been for the latter, including the two main spokespeople at Ski Essentials. Any thoughts are appreciated.

IMO the 106 is more one-dimensional, being a width that I personally reserve for days with at least 5 inches of new snow.

OTOH a 96 can come out to play if there is just about any new snow, especially if it is snowing during the ski day.

That's my NW MT perspective, anyway!

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Pete in Idaho -- I've owned both, and agree with Tom K about the 106s being more for 6" + fresh snow days. The 106 BE is stiffer and heavier due to its width, handles crud better and floats much better in fresh powder, but isn't as agile on groomers as the 96 BEs. The 96 BE is a great carver for its width, but lacks some stability at higher speeds. It's more forgiving and quicker edge to edge and in the bumps and trees than the 106s, which is probably why it gets such rave reviews. I ended up selling the 96 after getting a pair of the '24 Rustler 9s as my daily driver. The Rustlers are more stable/damp at speed (lightly less edge hold) while more versatile and agile in the bumps and trees compared to the RS 96 BEs.

Sponsor

Staff online