• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Road Gloves?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
What road gloves have y'all used? Any favourites? My current gloves seem to ride up too much, stretched out I think. Looking for something tougher I guess??

Current gloves for comparison...

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
I really really like the Castelli Unlimited gloves. They are full finger though.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I really really like the Castelli Unlimited gloves. They are full finger though.
Well I think I'm going that route. That will cure the riding up issue. I was looking at the Arenberg full finger gloves. Do you find them hot? I've never really worn gloves but my hands aren't work hardened anymore...

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Well I think I'm going that route. That will cure the riding up issue. I was looking at the Arenberg full finger gloves. Do you find them hot? I've never really worn gloves but my hands aren't work hardened anymore...
Definitely not hot. I pretty much don't notice that they are there. I might have to get a couple more pairs just in case they stop making them.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually I've been using the Arenberg fingerless for a few years and like them a lot. If you' like minimal padding they're not for you, though. I think @Erik Timmerman recommended them a long time back, but not sure, in light of his above post, whether he meant the long finger ones. I don't happen to like full finger gloves on the road because when they "try" to ride up it puts pressure on my fingertips. Yuck.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
As I've written before, my biggest issue is sweat management. My bare hands get sweaty enough to rot out shift cables and rip top finish off bar tape.
Currently in a mix of Endura aerogel (Strava challenge discount), Supacaz (colours match kit) and Giro (basic machine washable). Long finger gloves are Endura winter and jackhammer summer. Might look into some of the fancy ones with Elastic Interface pads but haven't had an immediate hand numbness need.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
They slide up bit by bit until after 30-45 minutes you have to pull them down again. And the full finger do put pressure on the tips/nails. Each has their weak point I suppose..

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Ultimately it's from too much pressure on the hands. Theoretically should be able to stay upright for the whole ride without tiring and leaning on the hands too much. I think I'm too fat for that... :ogbiggrin:

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I like the specialized bg dual gel. They are my road/mtb/gravel glove. I get one year from a pair before they are stretched out.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Specialized BG Grail -- half or full fingered.

A bit of padding, but so thin that they "disappear" 5 minutes into a ride.

I think the same as @chris_the_wrench mentioned above.

CAVEAT: The half-fingered ones are kinda tricky to remove -- part of why they disappear in use.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
CAVEAT: The half-fingered ones are kinda tricky to remove
I have that issue with pretty much all half-finger gloves.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just peel them off inside out.

Same, but......that does stretch them out a little more quickly than using the infuriating little finger pulls built into them.

I've learned that it's easiest on them to rinse them on my hands, then peel them off inside out.

Sponsor

Staff online