• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Road Gloves?

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My current gloves are Pearl Izumi Elite Gel in both short and long finger versions. I also have a more burly winter version (the Cyclone Gel) for colder days. For the coldest days I have lobster gloves from Specialized.

I have no problem with long finger gloves riding up and I have super skinny fingers. It's all about getting the right size for your hands and auditioning a lot of glove makes and models, I reckon.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
My current gloves are Pearl Izumi Elite Gel in both short and long finger versions. I also have a more burly winter version (the Cyclone Gel) for colder days. For the coldest days I have lobster gloves from Specialized.

Is anyone these days doing 5-finger shell over-gloves like PI used to?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Not sure what you mean.
Pearl Izumi style 8746:

IMG_20221017_204520.jpg

Will fit over most full finger gloves, even some insulated ones. Nylon/polyester DWR shell, leather palm and finger grips.

Date of manufacture Fall '03 (yes I bought several pairs)

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For warm/hot weather-Specialized BG Dual gel. Very nice but the red ones discolour real quick so black is the way to go. Also not extremely durable. The gel pads burst or leak out (or something) after not much time. Perhaps I am leaning too heavily on them dunno.
For cold-same but with fingers. If really cold-Castelli neoprene.
Anyone knows about gel gloves that are durable and last for more than two months?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Hey these look great. The microfibre on the thumb is genius!
How are the gel pads holding up?
The snot wiper is great. In construction they are still intact and the gel pads are there. I find the gloves overall are very lightweight and stretch out too much resulting in the pads moving around too much. I probably need a heavier duty glove. They are very cool though, like a race glove but with gel. Gloves are an important thing and probably worth trying on many pairs and dropping a few bucks in the end.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I should mention there is spandex in the palm which cools nicely but it's also very stretchy..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
spandex ... cools nicely... very stretchy..

I had one incident this summer of actual *really notice the material cooling*.

By the end of the day I was getting looks and waves and goofy grins from everyone; I thought it was just me being an overall nice and charming sort of guy. ;)

I now suspect it was the double thick layer of caked sweat salt crust. :D Mostly along the back and shoulders and sides but the gloves were pretty light grey too.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January