• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Robin Williams' bike collection is up for auction (charity)

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I guess that will deliver the highest price for the charity, but would drive me nuts as a bidder. I was thinking about this 10 minutes ago as my son just bought a bike online, and got a tremendous deal. No $350 shipping, etc.!

My friend bidding on this has moved into the irrational range, not as wise as you are. He's going to pay a big premIum for the bike, and could have a full custom masterpiece for the same price. By the same builder. But then it would not be a RW bike. My hunch is that he's just not going to "lose", at least on the auction.

Some of the steel bikes do look intriguing, still.

Good luck!

Muleski

Inactive
Hah! "Some" could be one! When you do the total math, they make my old steel rides look just fine!

Muleski

Inactive
So the auction ended, but the final winning bids are not shown. That sucks! Was looking forward to that. If anybody tracks it down, please post.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
I don't know the final numbers. I was bidding on the red Waterford. Was leading bidder until 12:25 EDT today. Had raised my max a few more times after saying over the weekend that I wouldn't. Frankly was a little glad someone saved me in the end - I'd gotten a bit irrational and was having trouble with "losing" but pricing at that point was above what it would cost to buy and build new, and that was before the +20% and shipping.

So, again, was lots of fun while it lasted. I'm sure they raised a ton of money for charity, which was the intention.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was looking for something else about Robin Williams in light of the movie about him that hit live streaming tonight, and this thread came up.
Here is a story about what the charity netted for the bike auctions.

Sponsor