• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron LeMaster dies in on slope collision 1949-2021

backdoor

Getting on the lift
Skier
Condolences to Ron and his family. And I know this doesn't make it any easier as losing someone close to you is going to hurt no matter what. But with all the possible ways to die out there, Ron died what he loved doing. He lived a good long healthy life and quite honestly if I had to chose a way to die out of the many ways possible an instant death on the ski slope at 72 years with minimal to no pain or suffering involved would be right up there at the top. Let us celebrate the life he lived and the stories he has left behind.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Fee free to move this but I just saw this announcement from PSIA

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Admin note: While early news reports did not confirm that the 72 year old skier was Ron LeMaster, many close personal friends have confirmed.
Ron LeMaster was not a member here, however he met with us in person and gave us permission to allow his illustrations used in ski school conversations.
If you don't own one of his books, you should. Brilliant reading.
He will be greatly missed.
Peace and love to his family.

Here is an article, posted by @Bob Barnes confirming the sad news.
OMG what a loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stunned
Glad I had a chance to take a few of your seminars and buy you an Old Speckled Hen.
You will really be missed around these parts.

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Fee free to move this but I just saw this announcement from PSIA

I'll copy this and put it in the first post. Thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: Ron
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Still trying to process this as he had such an impact on many of us.

Is it appropriate to have a new forum “All things Ron LeMaster” to celebrate his photos, diagrams, and teachings???
That is a possibilty I think we're all in shock.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's a shame that we must be reminded in such a harsh manner, that even the best can be taken out in collisions, regardless who's fault it is (won't point fingers yet as not enough details released).

My sorrow goes out to the family.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Never heard of him, but clearly a legend. RIP buddy, where the pow never ends.

Just bought his book, because everybody here seems to revere it.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just seen this terrible news. I’ll really miss you Ron! You were the best, great knowledge, great enthusiasm, great fun. It was a privilege to know you. All my sympathy to Dee! God bless in this dreadful time.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Very sad news....I have at least one of his books. So sorry to hear about his passing.

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
Such a terrible news. His book introduced me to modern technical skiing. He is a legend in the Chinese skiers circle.

He will be sorely missed.

Frenchman

Troublemaker
Skier
A big loss for the ski community. I was just reading an article he wrote in 32 Degrees.

My condolences to his family and friends. Life is fragile. He enjoyed it for sure.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
His death is a shocking and tragic loss to skiers everywhere.
Deepest sympathy and condolences to his family and friends.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Just shocking to read about his tragic passing. While thinking about this ending, I keep having mental images of high speed skier collisions, just chilling. Let's all commit to skiing under control.

What I admire most is his passion for writing books with incredible photographic images showing the sequence of ski turns. An excellent photographer. There are damn few in the ski teaching community who publish books, very detrimental to skiers skill improvement. He will be missed and his works admired and used in years to come.

RIP, thank you for all you did!

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I’ve only heard two books referenced by coaches - and his is one of them. The modern skiing bible.
B8F661C0-0B80-4F58-B818-813ABF5A13A0.jpeg 82EFEA07-47A2-48EC-92CD-405F0C3BDA8B.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January