• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Rossignol Experience 94Ti - 187cm

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
Initial review / half day. I spent the rest of the day on park skis.

Me: 5'9" 210lbs, 46 yrs old. I like to ski fast, typically making long turns on groom, ski steep terrain, and jump off stuff, as well as hit park jumps when there is not fresh snow to be had
Skis: ON3P Billygoat 184cm, ON3P Jeffery 108 181cm
Conditions: Timberline lodge. Below freezing temps. Chalky to icy groomers. Off piste 2 inches of sun baked, day old cut up "fresh" .

I have not owned a "traditional" ski in a few years. But the reality of the NW is freeze/thaw. So I wanted something damp and cambered with some metal primarily for skiing loud groom. My options were semi limited to keep costs down, and use a lot of amazon gift cards I had traded Marriot points in for. There were not a LOT of reviews on the internet for the Experience 94 ti, and most reviews for this line seemed to be the older ones.

This review had good things to say so I pulled the trigger. https://www.skitalk.com/threads/2020-rossignol-experience-94-ti.17729/

Todays conditions seemed to serve up exactly what I bought these for. Again, not owning something that wasn't twinned in a long time (ever?) I was not sure what to expect from turn engagement shape of the turn or ability to break the tails free. I did however expect to drive them.

First turns were on flattish cat-track at decent speed. They engaged quickly for a 94 waisted ski, but I didn't feel like I was locked in to a turn shape that I could not get out of. The trail quickly goes from flat to rolling downhill groom through sun and shade. Picking up speed these were damp, and stable. But also had energy. Definitely not a dead 2x4. Great energy. I never felt like my edges were going to betray me on the firmer portions. Nothing ever felt unpredictable. Off trail the tails never felt like they needed to be broke free. They stayed when I wanted them to stay, and broke when I wanted them to break. refrozen crud did not knock the tips around, and I had a stable landing platform on small airs. I really like these skis for what I had intended them for.

When I had to make a couple of very sudden turns to avoid traffic, and terrain there was never any hesitation, or feeling of getting out of control.

I will probably grab these more than I had intended. I already have more lines that I want to ski with them in my mind.

Sponsor

Staff online