• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Roundtop PA conditions, season? Worth it for Epic NE midweek pass?

hollyberry

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of buying the Epic Northeast midweek pass, since I will be skiing 4 days at Mt Snow with family and the NE midweek Epic pass price is only a little more than a 4-day lift ticket for Mt. Snow. I live about 1.5 hours from the Roundtop resort in PA (I live in Balitmore, MD) so if I could ski there midweek, it would make the Epic pass a good deal. Has anybody ever skied there? How long does their season typically last? How good is the snowmaking?

Thanks!

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of buying the Epic Northeast midweek pass, since I will be skiing 4 days at Mt Snow with family and the NE midweek Epic pass price is only a little more than a 4-day lift ticket for Mt. Snow. I live about 1.5 hours from the Roundtop resort in PA (I live in Balitmore, MD) so if I could ski there midweek, it would make the Epic pass a good deal. Has anybody ever skied there? How long does their season typically last? How good is the snowmaking?

Thanks!
I used to live near there and midweek was predominantly when I skied there. Length of season fluctuates drastically. I do think they make a strong effort to stay open with snowmaking and they have snowmaking on a majority of the mountain. It is definitely a nice place to get extra time on the snow and make your pass worth it. Hope that helps. Happy skiing :)

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Most definitely worth it. Roundtop's vertical is only like 500 or 600, but several runs start at the top with short, steep sections so you can cruise, but also work on bumps. Good place to find you ski legs and work on your turns. Liberty and Whitetail not much further and also worth a few visits. All three were traditionally well run. Things are a little different under VR ownership, but still should present good skiing for the months of Jan and Feb. They will all be empty on weekdays unless you catch some sort of unexpected school holiday/teachers work day.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When I lived in PA and my SIL was at school at Dickenson, we would hit Roundtop from time to time, it was a fun little hill with some steep pitches.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
RoundTop is a great place to ski. My boys and I have skied there a ton and always have a blast. Great, varied terrain and it doesn’t get the crowds that either Whitetail or Liberty experience. Mid-week you will ski into the lift the majority of the time with no wait.

TS
hollyberry

hollyberry

Putting on skis
Skier
RoundTop is a great place to ski. My boys and I have skied there a ton and always have a blast. Great, varied terrain and it doesn’t get the crowds that either Whitetail or Liberty experience. Mid-week you will ski into the lift the majority of the time with no wait.
Cool! That makes me feel very hopeful about skiing there. I have been bummed ever since moving away from the Northeast for school, because I loved being able to ski in VT and NY pretty regularly when I lived in NYC/upstate NY.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid