• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Roxa boots

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
A friend of mine has very wide feet and contacted a boot fitter on the phone. They said he should get Roxa boots, but they don't have them in stock yet.

I've never heard of the brand. Any thoughts about them?

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Interesting. My husband and I both have them, and neither of us has very wide feet. His are medium, mine are narrow. Now, we don’t go for high performance fit, but we don’t go for sloppy recreational fit either.

Personally, I love mine, but I wanted the cabrio type of boot and so did he, having had a heck of a time with his prior boots. Luckily, they fit us.

I know @Wendy had them in the last few years, too.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A friend of mine has very wide feet and contacted a boot fitter on the phone. They said he should get Roxa boots, but they don't have them in stock yet.

I've never heard of the brand. Any thoughts about them?
Here's a review of one of the models in the Roxa lineup. I don't recall them being a particularly wide boot but, again, this was just one model. If I were to ski more with a Roxa it would be with one of the 4 buckle boots. The R3 130 in the review is a fine boot but I don't need the uphill features. I believe @BS Slarver has the pair I tested.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Steve, the ski talk test boot is still alive and well here, it’s a great touring boot.
This model is from their free ride collection which is the R3 ultralight 130 TI. I wouldn’t classify it as overly wide by any means, like a 99 last at most and their specs show it at 99-101 last. It skis and flexes softer than it’s stamped at 130 and it has a very upright stance which suits most free ride skis, skiing out of the whole foot and again for touring.

Your friends boot fitter may be talking about the R/fit pro 130 IR, which is more of a all mountain with a traditional four buckle overlap, It has a bit more forward lean IMO and comes in a 100 to 102 last.

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Yes @BS Slarver that's the boot I came across looking at their website. He's an intermediate skier. Might even do the 100 or 110. And yes it does list at that wider last.

Main thing is that they're legit boots.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
"A friend of mine has very wide feet...."

I ski with a guy with very wide feet, but they aren't high volume. He describes his feet as being like pancakes. Low, flat, and wide. He needs a standard volume boot that is capable of being stretched very wide. Works great for him. Perhaps a Roxa model has this capability. His previous boots were high volume, and they did a terrible job for him, couldn't be made to fit properly.

Sponsor

Staff online