• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Safety Down at the Bar

How do you guys take on Safety at the Bar after skiing?

• Total voters

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Were you wearing your helmet? :ogbiggrin:
No, it was under the table where we were eating. Wouldn't have helped my knee that got twisted under me. Luckily no apparent damage.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
All of the above as long as no one hits me in the head

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
None of us saw it.

Personally, I'd just invent a better story!
I thought about it but I'm here to provide comedy relief!

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Back when I used to drink to excess for greater pleasure, I avoided the spinny tall barstools, and even more importantly, avoided bars with exits that lead to long stairs leading down, especially if in ski boots; I have no trouble falling up stairs (been there, done that), but down hurts.
Then I adopted the practice of just not drinking to the point of having a hang-over - problem solved.
Now I only drink a small amount and only on special occasions - due to health reasons.
There's a restaurant/bar in St Christoph (Arlberg area in Austria) with a slide down to the bathroom. Stairs to come back up. It's great.

Teumie

Putting on skis
Skier
I assume y'all are preparing for ski season with workouts and stuff, well the same applies to preparing for a week of drinking.
get your body used to 4-5 Duvels a night and you are good to go

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
There's a restaurant/bar in St Christoph (Arlberg area in Austria) with a slide down to the bathroom. Stairs to come back up. It's great.
Olympic Hotel in Oberlech has that too. It also has toilets that automatically squeegee themselves in case of any comedians doing rimshots.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I assume y'all are preparing for ski season with workouts and stuff, well the same applies to preparing for a week of drinking.
get your body used to 4-5 Duvels a night and you are good to go
I tried that method. It results in having three pitchers of beer and three zombies instead of just the two pitchers that you've worked up to, or bringing a 40 oz bottle of wiskey to the bush party instead of a 26er.