• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Salomon Shift Pro 120/130 ?

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Currently running 19-20 Salomon S/Pros and thinking about making the switch to 2021 Shift Pro 120/130 for getting around/walking to/from the parking lot. Should be an easy transition since fit is based on the S/Pros. Maybe a tad of touring but mostly groomers/trees.

Last time I looked at Touring boots the flex ratings were over exaggerated and flex itself wonky/non-linear. I know material science and engineering has improved greatly since then.

Is anyone riding on them? Appreciate any insights.

Last edited:
TS
T

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Maybe a better way of phrasing my question is, is the delta or tradeoff between the two (dedicated downhill vs walk function) as big as it used to be several years ago?

TS
T

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Wow so no one has ridden these?

FYI on sale at Corbett’s for C$489.

Last edited:
TS
T

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Welp I pulled the trigger. With sale discount and current exchange rate, came to $380 US out the door for boot selling in the US for $700. Too good of a deal to pass up.

On 27.5 S/Pros that fit great, bought same size since based on what I’ve read the Shift Pros are based on them.

I was shuffling across the felt mat and plywood to get on lift at Breck last weekend, probably won’t use this season. Will also need to adjust AFDs for the grip walk soles too. Last seasons S/Pros have alpine soles.

Appreciate any feedback anyone has on these before they ship, esp if they suck. Lol.

Reactions: BMC
TS
T

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Shift Pro (need to replace booster and get fitted) vs S/Pro.

Attachments

• 30543AFB-2F58-4749-8B6F-A22E60B18D6C.jpeg
    30543AFB-2F58-4749-8B6F-A22E60B18D6C.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 8B3D4EB1-5F22-44B1-810A-7BBE43993C53.jpeg
    8B3D4EB1-5F22-44B1-810A-7BBE43993C53.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 185
TS
T

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
Got fit today at BootMechanics with Jeremy in Golden. Remarkably similar fit to S/Pro 120s, and marketed as such. Standing flex seemed pretty linear without any hitches. Maybe a tad less than the S/Pros but nearly spot on. Think the newer version of the liner on the Shift Pros is a bit thicker than my 2 season old S/Pros. 3 tweaks… very light punch on a big toe and both medial malleolus’, my feet were smiling. :roflmao:I’ll wait to see what the new Atomic dual straps look like, otherwise will toss some patriot tru straps on them.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I guarantee someone here has these boots, they're too damn popular for them to have not. I've been looking to pick up a pair this season too but I waited too long on Corbetts and they sold out on my size, and i'm not willing to pay full price for more boots. I've tried them on multiple times though and honestly I have zero complaints, they fit wonderfully. I was thinking they'd be a prime candidate for an intuition liner swap out once the provided liner packs out.

TS
T

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
I guarantee someone here has these boots, they're too damn popular for them to have not. I've been looking to pick up a pair this season too but I waited too long on Corbetts and they sold out on my size, and i'm not willing to pay full price for more boots. I've tried them on multiple times though and honestly I have zero complaints, they fit wonderfully. I was thinking they'd be a prime candidate for an intuition liner swap out once the provided liner packs out.

Agree. BootMechanics told me they have not been able to keep them in stock. Shame you missed out on Corbett’s, it was a stupidly good deal.

My wife tried on the Shift Pro 90 Ws, but didn’t fit her well. Dalbello Panterras fit the bill though. Corbett’s came through again.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Currently running 19-20 Salomon S/Pros and thinking about making the switch to 2021 Shift Pro 120/130 for getting around/walking to/from the parking lot.
How far are you walking from the car that you need a walk mode?

TS
T

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
How far are you walking from the car that you need a walk mode?

Depends on how bad the traffic is getting to CO front range resorts and when you arrive, especially winter park, which can turn into a hike. Traffic has been exceptionally bad this season.

Regardless, if I can get close to best of both worlds I’m all for it.