• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Scarpa 4 Quattro

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Scarpa-SkiTalk-Pugliese.jpg
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Scarpa 4 Quattro. Please add to the discussion here.

Last edited by a moderator:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Can you put a larger signature within the main body of the article?

It's a bit hard to tell who the 'I' of the evaluator corresponds to, given only the miniscule author name shown on the upper left.

Also, my feet loved the fit of the old Maestrale - were you ever in those?

Last edited:
TS
S

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

It's a bit hard to tell who the 'I' of the evaluator corresponds to, given only the miniscule author name shown on the upper left.

I don't think I ever tried Maestrales. I attempted Freedoms but the toe was way too narrow and heel too wide.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Great review! However, I too struggled to eventually find that you were the author.

This may be a separate topic, but the BSL is a deal breaker & I feel that Scarpa need address this more.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Take a look now...

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
-

I've yet to try on the 4 Quattro, but it is on the to do list. The current Maestrale RS sized down to the 24.5/25 (Scarpa breaks on the half size), fits my foot but the heel hold down buckle when cranked to where it needs to be presses inward putting pressure at the strap like buckles outter and inner side mechanical fixation points to the clog. I didn't try the Maestrale XT buckle version.

BTW, I hear the Scarpa F1 LT fit is a disaster:

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BUMP - who is still in these boots?
The mountain guide we skied with in Italy last March uses them. He said he really liked how they ski and walk.
Despite Scarpa positioning them as a hybrid boot, they tour really well. He chose them for our trip, which was 5 days of pure human powered, hut to hut touring, so definitely focused on the skinning, not the descents.

This aligns with reviews I have read. Basically, better to think of it as an alternative fit option to the Maestrale RS/XT than a much more lift served model.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online