• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PowellMovement

Booting up
Industry Insider
Hey Pugski,

Hope everyone is getting psyched, the season is near....looks like it is here in some places.

Anyways, I've been podcasting away and have a lot of content for you to check out if you like hearing about skiers and thier stories. Here are the most recent, I think you will enjoy them:

Best of Plake: http://bit.ly/2fvx2tA Some highlights with Glen. Most have not been heard.

John Spriggs: http://bit.ly/2hGZHg3 A story of skiing, alcohol, skiing, arrests, skiing and recovery. A must listen

Scot Schmidt: Recorded this morning and coming out a week from today. He doesn't do many interviews so this was exciting

Thanks and enjoy!!

Mike
www.thepowellmovement.com

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Great listening.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Just a bit of the session, much more fun ^^^ to listen to haha:

Powell 4:20
You've seen in your career a plethora of ski groups on the ski hill, some skiing together some butting heads. There's a lot of different factions out there and want to get your take on the different factions you seen within the ski world.

Plake 4:30
Racism within the ski industry? ( ^^^ = Plake's cackling laughing )

Powell
Against racers?

Plake
Yeah I was going to say, those Dang Racers! ^^^ Should be ashamed of yourself ^^^ But it is pretty funny huh? Because we all laugh racers, stick chasers, park monkey, frikkin powder hippie, park rat, What's up poodle, ski instructor kook? We can keep going huh? ^^^ Frikkin pin head, stupid pin head, granola eatin hippie pin head. ^^^ What's up mountain guide kook with your frikkin backcountry set up? Now we got freeriders, free ski riders, free mountaineer riders, back to the stick chasers, ^^^ back to the poodles. Anyways it's kinda cool how all of us and I have the pleasure of skiing with all of those groups especially on our down home tours and different things. But its pretty trippy how all of us make a commitment to dedicating ourselves to whatever discipline that it is in skiing. I find that incredibly motivating that we can in fact be dedicated to whatever faction, whatever race we want to be in, in skiing. It's kind of cool actually. And I think if we take the time to look. Oh gosh, we didn't even talk about the Nordic kooks. What's wrong with those guys? ^^^

Powell
They love exercise.

Plake 6:02
Ski jumpers, what's wrong with you? ^^^ And now you got all the ski mo condum crew. ^^^

Powell
That is a big movement.

Plake
Oh yeah, those guys ^^^ anyways, its amazing that we dedicate ourselves, the way we do to the disciplines that we do. I for one love getting the chance to have a glimpse into those different disciplines, whether its spending a few days on the race hill at Mammoth, and literally putting on all my armor, slamming sticks, and running slalom, or getting deep into some clinics with the PSIA teaching crew, or doing a ski mo race, yeah doing a little uphill race, or hanging out with some hippies out in the hills, doing the powder stack, or sessioning a rail with some kids in the park. I think we should all take the time to appreciate other people's dedication and be inspired by it. And if we're all riding the lift together that you might actually find out that we're very very much alike, just got a burning passion for this thing we call skiing. Cause that's really what it comes down to is skiing. But yeah it is just skiing even if it is just dude booting ^^^ they're not skiers. The factions are kinda cool, the different crews, whatever you want to call us, but everybody is dedicated, everybody deserves everybody's else's respect. If you take the time, you might be incredibly inspired by one of the other groups, those other people on the mountain...

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@PowellMovement - In my podcatcher, Powder Radio hasn't updated for five months. Did the feed URL change? The last episode is Nausicaa Cast with Sierra Quitiquit.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Started listening to this a week or so back, and also to Sponsered. Entertaining, interesting and informative podcasts. Two thumbs up.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey Pugski,

Hope everyone is getting psyched, the season is near....looks like it is here in some places.

Anyways, I've been podcasting away and have a lot of content for you to check out if you like hearing about skiers and thier stories. Here are the most recent, I think you will enjoy them:

Best of Plake: http://bit.ly/2fvx2tA Some highlights with Glen. Most have not been heard.

John Spriggs: http://bit.ly/2hGZHg3 A story of skiing, alcohol, skiing, arrests, skiing and recovery. A must listen

Scot Schmidt: Recorded this morning and coming out a week from today. He doesn't do many interviews so this was exciting

Thanks and enjoy!!

Mike
www.thepowellmovement.com

Wow - These are great!

TS
PowellMovement

PowellMovement

Booting up
Industry Insider
Thanks all!!! @Monique The Sponsored podcast on Powder is over. They are focusing on print (remember magazines) these days. If you subscribe to The Powell Movement on itunes you will get my show. The interviews are longer and more in depth than what I did with Powder. You can also find all my content at www.thepowellmovement.com Enjoy

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Thanks all!!! @Monique The Sponsored podcast on Powder is over. They are focusing on print (remember magazines) these days. If you subscribe to The Powell Movement on itunes you will get my show. The interviews are longer and more in depth than what I did with Powder. You can also find all my content at www.thepowellmovement.com Enjoy

Got it! Thank you.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Listened to the Plake interview driving from Utah to Tahoe lat week. Fun stuff, thanks!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm listening to the Plake interview now. It's fascinating to me how he can stay true to his own irascible personality, yet also be so stoked and genuinely positive about seemingly everything, from the skis he reps to PSIA to every possible discipline of skiing. Making fun of the "no friends on a powder day" bro ethos and pointing out how silly it is to look down on old school tricks.

And his assertion that we should get back to more of a technical focus in skiing, so we enjoy more conditions, rather than holding out for perfect powder days and all being a-holes about it.

Love it.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And his assertion that we should get back to more of a technical focus in skiing, so we enjoy more conditions, rather than holding out for perfect powder days and all being a-holes about it.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I can't find a general Powell Movement thread.

The most recent interview with Alex Schlopy was engaging and heart-breaking. Thank you @PowellMovement for doing this interview, and thank you to Alex for putting himself out there like that.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I just figured out the pun of the show name and am a little disappointed (in myself? the name? not sure!)

Sponsor

Staff online