• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Season done

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was glad to get out there a couple times, the last on Friday night. Was hoping to get out there during the week but too much going on in our world right now for a week night drive over. Hoping to get one evening in this weekend, but I haven't looked at weather forecast. I think I saw rain and 50? for early next week? eeesh, that will kill it quick.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Compressed snow doesn't melt as fast as people think. They are confident at least 2 more weekends. Maybe pond skimming next weekend. :)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, last night was the last shift of the season for me. Maybe 2 more weekends and the hill will be closed. Pretty safe season for the hill. About 160 incidents with only a few major incidents.
When I saw the title I figured you were injured!

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
we'll be closing this weekend. I took all my crap home last weekend thinking we were done then. Time to change my weekends over to flyfishing. I'll be hitting Cataloochee Creek in the Great Smokies National Park on Sunday. Easy to get to but not much pressure since it's in the Park.

Dr. Mark

Getting off the lift
Skier
we'll be closing this weekend. I took all my crap home last weekend thinking we were done then. Time to change my weekends over to flyfishing. I'll be hitting Cataloochee Creek in the Great Smokies National Park on Sunday. Easy to get to but not much pressure since it's in the Park.
All the runs (except Sugar Bear) are still open at Sugar, and they're making more snow at the moment.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've got until the end of March for my season, the days are getting longer so it really depends on how the snow holds up to the sun now. We've had 3 reportable incidents total this season. Guess when you take the mechanical uplift out of the picture and make people skin or hike up for the runs, you get rid of a lot of potential for incidents. I'm not complaining, this chill season has helped offset all of the stress from dealing with covid.

I'm actually really stoked to get more time on my bikes once the snow melts, I've been confined to riding after work at night all winter.

Dr. Mark

Getting off the lift
Skier
Making snow in March? Is that typical in NC?
NO! Typically, February is the last time the snowmakers are on. The new policy is pretty exciting. Sugar has blown snow four of the last five nights, keeping the surface fresh, crisp, and beautiful. There is no closing date set. That will depend on the weather.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Killington is evidently blowing snow now (March 6). Weird season.
Killington blowing snow in March 2021.png

Sponsor

Staff online