• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Seattle WA Need Member. I Need new carving skis!! 2020 Volkl Kendo 88 ($400) or 2023 Atomic Redster Q7 ($600)

krakenskier

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Looking for some advice on my next pair of skis. I'm 34, 5'9" and 180 lbs and I've been skiing since I was 4 with a 5 year break in my late teens to do snowboarding. I now switch between both and ride the powder and trees with the board and groomers / moguls with the skis. I'm fairly advanced and have no problem with diamonds and just like to rip turns on bluebird groomer days. I'm deciding between 2 local used skis and hoping to get some advice

Ski Package #1 - $400

- 2020 Volkl Kendo 88 with Knee Carbon Bindings: Size 170. Decent condition, could probably use a tune up.

Ski Package #2 - $600

- 2023 Atomic Redster Q7 Revoshock skis with M12 bindings: Size 173. Seller states they are brand new

Curious which Ski package you think I should go with and why. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Redster... Kendo is really a narrowish all mountain ski, not a dedicated carver.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
For carving go with the Atomic. I really like the '23 Kendo but it's not the same construction as the '20.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January