• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Second pair of boots, where to go from here? (Fitting in a non-ski state)

Smitty244

Booting up
Skier
Wow, I can tell I know very little and haven’t been around long. I’m on my 3rd season and would consider myself a solid intermediate and I’m 6’2” and I’m using the pair that came as an online package with my first set of skis. Didn’t realize is was any type of process or that numbers other than size meant anything really lol

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Dalbello Panterra are OK , kind of all mountin boot , not much forward lean .
If you ski hard and steep, specially Carving ,I would go between , Head Raptor or Tecnica Mach1, (This is Narrow boots , so make sure your feet wide is not more then 98mm) .
I would Also Add Fischer RC4 The Curv ( if you have Narrow foot) or RC4 Pro if you have little wide foot. And do not go less then 120 flax.

I have Dalbello Panterra and Fisher RC4 Pro( my foot is 101mm) , they both 120 flex , they are day and night . Fisher is my every day boot, much stiffer boot , more performance boot , and I can fill big diffrence is curving, and .
Dalbello is very comfy boot , and I would say would be my powder ski day boot or relax day boot . They still good boots , but I would not call them big performance boot.

My unweighted foot is about 97mm met head to met head. Weighted, it's about 102. The other foot is different and wider. I ski a 93 last boot... and a 97. By your advice, I'm in the wrong boots. Am I? Probably not.

The OP listed boots that essentially have nothing to do with each other beyond fitting the general description of 'ski boot'. No offense, but specific recommendations without seeing and evaluating a foot in person provideds little to no value.

(FWIW, Tecnica Mach series boots come in three last widths. Two of the three are wider than 98.)