• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Seeking a “light charger” ski

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Weird that @GregK did not suggest the faction ct 2 ;)
The OP said “lightweight charger” so I don’t think a 2280gr 183cm ski(2400gr 188cm) ski would be called lightweight. Haha
If you wanted a mix between the Bonafide 97, Enforcer 104 and Fisher 102 FR and float isn’t a top requirement, the 2021 CT 2.0 is a great ski.

The Prodigy 3.0 might be an option though and it’s not changing construction for next year. Just picked up a pair of 190cm myself to try them out. They are similar in shape to the Enforcer 104 but no metal so a bit lighter and a longer turning radius for higher speed stability. Solid underfoot but playful tip/tail so I bet they will be super fun in bumps and trees.

Dictator 3.0 has a similar shape but has metal, a stiffer flex and more traditional mount. More for charging open areas at high speeds with the Prodigy 3.0 being the more playful brother. Dictator 3.0 wouldn’t be my first choice for bumps and trees.

Fisher 102 FR(mounted a few cm forward) would be a good choice for a former instructor as it is a very good carver but still more forgiving off piste than a flat tailed Ranger. Not super damp and not as forgiving off piste or in bumps as the Enforcer 104 or Prodigy 3.0 but more edge grip.

Agree on the Rustler 10 liking to stay at lower speeds as it doesn’t love going straight. The Enforcer 104 more damp and stable but it too is limited at higher speeds by it’s turning radius. The Fisher 102 and the Factions much more willing at higher speeds.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
It was the 92 ti and 94 fr.
That makes sense as the 94 FR has a similar shape and flex to the 102 FR but it’s much lighter(150-200gr) so most people prefer the 102 FR as it’s more damp and stable in variable conditions. The 102 FR is definitely more confidence inspiring at speed.

The recommended mount on the 94 FR is also more forward vs the 102 FR and traditional skiers may find that not to their liking.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That makes sense as the 94 FR has a similar shape and flex to the 102 FR but it’s much lighter(150-200gr) so most people prefer the 102 FR as it’s more damp and stable in variable conditions. The 102 FR is definitely more confidence inspiring at speed.

The recommended mount on the 94 FR is also more forward vs the 102 FR and traditional skiers may find that not to their liking.
The things I disliked were the shapes and how they interacted with the rocker profiles. The skis were damp enough stable enough to charge on.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
The OP said “lightweight charger” so I don’t think a 2280gr 183cm ski(2400gr 188cm) ski would be called lightweight. Haha
If you wanted a mix between the Bonafide 97, Enforcer 104 and Fisher 102 FR and float isn’t a top requirement, the 2021 CT 2.0 is a great ski.

The Prodigy 3.0 might be an option though and it’s not changing construction for next year. Just picked up a pair of 190cm myself to try them out. They are similar in shape to the Enforcer 104 but no metal so a bit lighter and a longer turning radius for higher speed stability. Solid underfoot but playful tip/tail so I bet they will be super fun in bumps and trees.

Dictator 3.0 has a similar shape but has metal, a stiffer flex and more traditional mount. More for charging open areas at high speeds with the Prodigy 3.0 being the more playful brother. Dictator 3.0 wouldn’t be my first choice for bumps and trees.

Fisher 102 FR(mounted a few cm forward) would be a good choice for a former instructor as it is a very good carver but still more forgiving off piste than a flat tailed Ranger. Not super damp and not as forgiving off piste or in bumps as the Enforcer 104 or Prodigy 3.0 but more edge grip.

Agree on the Rustler 10 liking to stay at lower speeds as it doesn’t love going straight. The Enforcer 104 more damp and stable but it too is limited at higher speeds by it’s turning radius. The Fisher 102 and the Factions much more willing at higher speeds.
« Looking for something livelier and more nimble than your typical charger but not quite into popsicle stick territory » I understood light charger as playful charger but you might be right.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm no expert on ski reviews but I do enjoy my Elan Ripstick 96 black. I have the "older" black so I'm told not quite as stiff as the 2021 black. I'm 5'8" 150 upper intermediate

Sponsor