• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Serotta Duetti A9

TS
JShort

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
PXL_20221130_222944423.jpg

Another novelty on the bike are these Growtac Equal mechanical disk brakes. They have been surprisingly amazing - extremely easy to mount, take standard Shimano flat-mount pads and weren't ~crazy~ expensive (I was considering Paul Klamper brakes for a hot second before getting these).

They have all the power in the world at the expense of almost all modulation.

Eventually I'd like to replace the Shimano pads and rotors with Galfer ones, since I've been running them on my MTB and they are amazing

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 184515

Ben Serotta is a longtime frame builder from my hometown. He recently transitioned to titanium frames so I picked up this aluminum one for a great price. My racing days are over so I just wanted something with round tubes and non annoying cable routing and this fit the bill nicely
So where are you from? Greenwich? Saratoga?
I worked part time for him in 1981- (we had mutual friends )- filing lugs , tube prep , menial stuff but I picked up a club special which is still the best steel bike I ever owned and would probably still have if it hadn’t met an untimely end .

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I had a Custom (which was the basic standard frame at the time) that Ben brazed himself in the back of his father’s hardware store. That was a nice bike but it was stolen.

dm

TS
JShort

JShort

Getting off the lift
Skier
From what I've heard the early Serotta steel frames were dreams to ride and were pretty cheap too, enough so that a bunch of college and club racers were on them. Then I guess the dentist builds started happening to keep the lights on?

Sponsor

Staff online