• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Shaggy's Copper Country Skis Featuring the Ahmeek 95 and Medora 95

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Shaggy's-Copper-Country-Skis-SkiTalk-Pugliese-sliderversion.jpeg
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Shaggy's Copper Country Skis and their Ameek 95 and Medora 95. Please add to the discussion here.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Super nice folks at Shaggy's too. Wife and I got the Medora 95 and Ahmeek 95 last season and they have turned out to be pretty fantastic all around skis. For this season I ended up having Shaggy's build me up a custom pair of Ahmeek 115's this season with added Nanomag dampening and a heavier burly glass layup on the hybrid Ash-Poplar core. I really enjoyed the flex and playfulness of the hybrid core on my 95's but wanted more dampening on the entire system. At the time, all those options were not in the online ski builder so I ended up with two 15 minute phone calls one week with them as they helped me sus out the details of what I wanted in the skis.

motogreg

A liftie once told me I was an okay skier....
Skier
Do wish that since they are based in Michigan they would build a narrower offering....and a junior model!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do wish that since they are based in Michigan they would build a narrower offering....and a junior model!
I don't disagree. Another Michigan based company, Ford pretty much discontinued all cars in favor of SUV and trucks. Coincidence? I think not. Both Shaggys and Ford are building the products the consumer wants.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't disagree. Another Michigan based company, Ford pretty much discontinued all cars in favor of SUV and trucks. Coincidence? I think not. Both Shaggys and Ford are building the products the consumer wants.
Is it more difficult (or just more expensive) for an Indie builder to make narrower skis, since they pretty much require a titanal layup? Might not be any profit at all in that venture.

Plus, since many Indie builders have fun graphics as one of their calling cards, it’s easier to do that on wider skis.

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Shaggy's does use metal in their skis, the don't use full titanal sheets similarly to say Fischer. Wagner is an example of an "indie" that does use full titanal layers in some of their skis.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
These Ahmeek 95 made their way to my feet last week. I have been on the 105 many years ago with a terrible tune and have been on few other Brockways. The Shaggy's have a following like the people with Stocklis. Every answer is always Shaggy. :)

My son rode this pair last season in SLC, thanks to Phil and Tricia. He rode them hard and never had a complaint. His normal everyday ski is the Renoun Endurance, but ski anything and anywhere.

I picked the skis up this last week and in Denver and skied them one day at Sunlight. Now I'm not the most comfortable on twin tips/center mounted skis, but these skis felt pretty comfortable to me. I was able to carve on them really well. In the bumps, I could turn them when needed. I'm just not well verse in bump skiing much.

My season is probably done but these skis will make it back out next season in a normal rotation of skis. Though if next season is like this season, it might be hard for me to stay of the Nordica RB 80s, which is about the only pair I skied and Head Rallys.

---
The do have a carver now, though it is at 88. Think Z-90ish carver.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The do have a carver now, though it is at 88. Think Z-90ish carver.

That ski looks like a blast.

Anybody have a mount point dimension for it?

EDIT: Found it deep in the specs @ - 9.25. Makes me wish I'd knew of these when I grabbed the Head V10s, which are fun, but not quite "enough" ski for my 200 pound winter weight.

SECOND EDIT: I see we've got a thread about the Fun Carver:

If they'd had a 180 sooner, I'd likely own them. :(

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• jimmy
    Mixmaster
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid