• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Shockwiz

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Anybody else use a Shockwiz? Here is mine attached to the fork of my new Evil Following. It really helps to speed up the suspension setup process. I initially bought it when my daughter was racing downhill to help her find a good setup. As a pre-teen with no other riding experience it was really hard to get good bike setup feedback from her because she had nothing to compare against.
43903EE4-615C-42FC-AAC7-D3684F6FC903.jpeg
A9B095BF-E75E-44F2-817D-342CFD39F1FD.jpeg

This is the homepage of the iPhone app that connects to the shockwiz. This screenshot is from my rear shock, thus the 180 psi.
F9F2B6CC-C1C7-4408-937F-EF4359515900.png

Suggestions page. Pretty simple. I eventually ended up at 200 psi. It helps you figure out which way to turn those little knobs. It's sort of a bummer when it asks you to turn up LSR and turn down HSR but you only have one rebound knob.
99910926-A352-4265-92A1-4360FA5C3439.png

Detections page tells you what the shock is detecting. After using this for a while you start to piece together the effects of what those little knobs do, how much air you should use and how volume spacers change air spring ramp-up.
7743AFF9-F2F9-4B0B-B3F5-C08438F1DD89.png

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody else use a Shockwiz? Here is mine attached to the fork of my new Evil Following. It really helps to speed up the suspension setup process. I initially bought it when my daughter was racing downhill to help her find a good setup. As a pre-teen with no other riding experience it was really hard to get good bike setup feedback from her because she had nothing to compare against.
View attachment 172044 View attachment 172045
This is the homepage of the iPhone app that connects to the shockwiz. This screenshot is from my rear shock, thus the 180 psi.
View attachment 172046
Suggestions page. Pretty simple. I eventually ended up at 200 psi. It helps you figure out which way to turn those little knobs. It's sort of a bummer when it asks you to turn up LSR and turn down HSR but you only have one rebound knob.
View attachment 172047
Detections page tells you what the shock is detecting. After using this for a while you start to piece together the effects of what those little knobs do, how much air you should use and how volume spacers change air spring ramp-up.
View attachment 172048
Wow.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I used one a bunch to tune front and rear Fox shocks. Eventually sold it and used the proceeds towards a coil conversion for the fork and new coil rear. Bliss.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I rented one for a week from Feel the Berm. In a lot of the research I did prior, people said once you have it setup, it isn't very useful. During my week long rental I learned I was already pretty close to the right settings, just a tad too much air.

I did find it difficult to get a good "average" ride. Fast flowy vs technical trails yield different results, which could mean different suspension settings. Changing fork settings isn't exactly something I would want to deal with based on what I was planning on riding.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Frequently tempted, but never pulled the trigger. LIke @Jersey Skier, the best tuning I ever did to an air fork was to buy a coil fork. Specifically a Marzocchi Z1 Coil.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Never heard of it. Just what I need is another gadget to make me question if I have things set up correctly! I wonder, can it tell you if the shock is not functioning correctly at all? If so, would have come in handy last season when I could never get my rear shock right and it turns out, there's something wrong with it.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug, is this what the guy at Mountain Dog has?

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Never heard of it. Just what I need is another gadget to make me question if I have things set up correctly! I wonder, can it tell you if the shock is not functioning correctly at all? If so, would have come in handy last season when I could never get my rear shock right and it turns out, there's something wrong with it.
I don’t think it would spit out an error code or anything but I think you’d see a lot of red and you’d get to a point where it’s suggesting a tune that you can’t do.

Sponsor

Staff online