• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I put my deposit down last summer and heard last week that it should be this fall, keeping my fingers crossed! Do we need a new Ekko forum here ?! lol

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I put my deposit down last summer and heard last week that it should be this fall, keeping my fingers crossed! Do we need a new Ekko forum here ?! lol
I don't think we need a new forum.

I do think you should send me the listing for your promaster when you split with it.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I got a 2017 winnebago era 170a 4x4 we are parting with if anyone is looking. I heattaped and wrapped all the pipes. Ive used it ‘plugged in’ at Breckenridge down to -5f. I love the way it drives, but at 6’3” its too tight for me. 6’1” would be a great fit! Pm me if you want more details.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
$188k rents a lot of Air BnBs - just saying
100% true and it kills my frugal mindset to make this move. Will the experience of the lifestyle choice outweigh the cost? We have taken the Air BnB route for my first four years of retirement. Love to eat and stay in nice spots. I cancelled the 2 night anniversary booking we had at $300 per night and we stayed at the Grand Isle State Park for $26 per night instead so this new RV has saved me over $550 so far.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I don't think we need a new forum.

I do think you should send me the listing for your promaster when you split with it.
I was thinking about @SBrown's Promaster as I seem to recall it had a custom interior that was built by a real craftsman.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
An EKKO Row at a future Gathering. Wouldn't that be something.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
An EKKO Row at a future Gathering. Wouldn't that be something.
The humble SKISBAD minivan is gonna ruin the whole look

(Yes it needs a bath, just home from a bunch of dirt roads this weekend camping.)

oxt5GCq.jpg

auyM2Om.jpg

OGfdOM7.jpg

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@fatbob, you won’t find any Airbnb‘s where most of us roll.

Still rocking the 18 sprinter, IKEA bed Domtek Potty and Goal Zero power now with 50k. Offers to buy it WAY above what I paid.

I hear ya @Ogg, lots of my fellow tradesmen in the same boat. Certainly not making a pick up truck as versatile as the once overlooked van.
Work truck M-F, quickly unloaded turns into the weekend camper and for those of us seasonally unemployed makes a great slope side boot up room / après once the snow falls

1F319BFE-F19C-4ABC-8A9B-6E0298DE5E5D.jpeg

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
B87B1E4D-AE26-46F9-8157-01775605EA5B.jpeg
I got a 2017 winnebago era 170a 4x4 we are parting with if anyone is looking. I heattaped and wrapped all the pipes. Ive used it ‘plugged in’ at Breckenridge down to -5f. I love the way it drives, but at 6’3” its too tight for me. 6’1” would be a great fit! Pm me if you want more details.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Saw this as a deal of the (to)day .. not so much the "deal" caught my eye but that the Panel is Flexible and may fit some curved surface (e.g. teardrop camper) if useful .... thought it pretty cool at ~5'x2' 175W panel, decent output at that size and flex.

If only I had an application ... I love science projects

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Saw this as a deal of the (to)day .. not so much the "deal" caught my eye but that the Panel is Flexible and may fit some curved surface (e.g. teardrop camper) if useful .... thought it pretty cool at ~5'x2' 175W panel, decent output at that size and flex.

If only I had an application ... I love science projects
Hard, non flexible solar panels are always mounted so there is air flow underneath the panel to dissipate heat, as solar panel stop working if they get too hot. So, those flexible panels may not be as efficient.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Congrats on the ekko SB ! I haven’t met anyone yet who has regretted the decision and hope it treats you well.
Thanks! I must also thank this forum for introducing it to me, and at the perfect time. I had to wait over a year, but that was for the best, because I still got a "good" price, and mostly, they got the kinks worked out. Probably not all the kinks, but it's a 2023 and some/many of the early ones were fairly disastrous. So far so good, I even took a hot shower last night and ran a hair dryer for a few minutes. This is weird to me lol.

Now it's time to figure out ski racking!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks! I must also thank this forum for introducing it to me, and at the perfect time. I had to wait over a year, but that was for the best, because I still got a "good" price, and mostly, they got the kinks worked out. Probably not all the kinks, but it's a 2023 and some/many of the early ones were fairly disastrous. So far so good, I even took a hot shower last night and ran a hair dryer for a few minutes. This is weird to me lol.

Now it's time to figure out ski racking!
Do the skis even need a rack in the EKKO? How about laying them on the floor of the rear cargo bay? That is what I plan to do when I get my EKKO.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Do the skis even need a rack in the EKKO? How about laying them on the floor of the rear cargo bay? That is what I plan to do when I get my EKKO.

I think I will want to have 6 or 7 pairs in there at a time, and don't want to use all the floor space. Maybe I will start a contest! Best idea gets some vintage women's medium Pugski swag! :ogcool:

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
And now for something completely different.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Learning a lot over our first few months of owning an EKKO. First we are not really campers. We are more the wandering type. This rig is perfect for what we like to do. Zero interstate highway miles so far as we stay on the back roads. We also love staying on the water. Private boon docking spots are now the goal. We have camped on a couple of cannabis farms, boondocks in the Adirondacks, fished on the Battenkill and chilled at the Killington World Cup. Next up Winter camping at Ikon resorts. Having your own private bathroom slope side is awesome.

Killington Cup Sunday
IMG_2494.jpg

Boon docking in Adirondacks
IMG_2414.jpg

Fishing on the Battenkill River,Vt
IMG_2333.jpg

Chilling at the cannabis farm in Maine
IMG_2300.jpg