• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Show us your old ski pics!

Tonyr4

Putting on skis
Skier
I don't have an old picture but I did have those exact pair of Rossignol's in the late 80's as a kid, loved them!

20210324_143927~2.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Cheeseburgers? Hanson Avanti, Salomom 555 and Scott Poles. You were THE MAN!
Not Avanti's they look more like Exhibition's what say you @DocGKR? Anyway I think that the yellow stripe on the ski pants to match the color of the boots really makes the outfit.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Me on my new ski equipment Dec. 26, 1944 or 1945, can't remember which. Gifts from my family that sent me on this trip still going all these years later.

View attachment 145568
That is AWESOME!!! I remember similar equipment in my garage as a kid but I think only my dad skied on it.

yeah come on, everyone’s got hair in that photo. Still pretty cool.
I am going to guess front center and back lookers left with the Rossi’s? The other two guys in front look like they are probably brothers unless you and Muleski are related?
Muleski and Newf, 1974. I won't identify them, other than say they are the two with the hair. View attachment 145574

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
That is AWESOME!!! I remember similar equipment in my garage as a kid but I think only my dad skied on it.

yeah come on, everyone’s got here in that photo. Still pretty cool.
I am going to guess front center and back lookers left with the Rossi’s? The other two guys in front look like they are probably brothers unless you and Muleski are related?
I saw those Rossi skis that look like Roc 550's, Salomon 505's and the guy with skis in the middle of the back row maybe Dynamic VR 17's, Look N17 Grand Prix bindings. What is going on with that guy on the far right with X Country skis with the peg toe binding?

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I saw those Rossi skis that look like Roc 550's, Salomon 505's and the guy with skis in the middle of the back row maybe Dynamic VR 17's, Look N17 Grand Prix bindings. What is going on with that guy on the far right with X Country skis with the peg toe binding?
That is a college ski team, so the motley crew includes some alpine skiers, a German professor who taught skiing and cooking on the side, some jumpers, and cross country racers. You nailed the skis. The cross country skiers were still on wood and leather in those days.

Sponsor