• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Show us your old ski pics!

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Circa 1982. Not sure where.. K2 355 @200cm

e-2565.jpg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
TheWall1.jpg

At the chair hanging left of the tower, the metal hoop frames 3 skiers at the penguin launch ramp. 2004 was a big winter.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have no action shots, which is a shame, because they’d be hilarious. I spent several years Z-turning around the mountain, LOL.
This is in 1998 at Winter Park. I had just learned to ski the year before and in ‘98 I had a season pass at WP while going to school in Boulder. I don’t know where on the mountain this pic was taken; somebody probably could tell me.
A06D6576-F37E-45D2-82F7-C8F5061A9EFB.jpeg

The next pic was taken somewhere near Eldora (CO), on a backcountry ski outing. If somebody knows exactly where this is, I’d love to know.
ABCED637-9909-4DD1-B6FE-7EBA3FE26B92.jpeg

I had to throw this next one in. Who can name the guy I’m with? ;) This was in the early ‘90’s, when I was doing a lot of nordic skiing.
F0F5C3C9-7575-4AFC-8AAE-9429C9032E2D.jpeg

Last edited:

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@newboots and @Sibhusky they were the greatest generation, and if it wasn't for men like them who knows what the world would be like.
Totally agree. My uncle served in the Navy in the Pacific theatre during WW2. Never talked about it, and he was always the best storyteller. After his death I found a long diary of his, describing all his experiences in the Pacific. Now I know why he didn’t talk about it.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have no action shots, which is a shame, because they’d be hilarious. I spent several years Z-turning around the mountain, LOL.
This is in 1998 at Winter Park. I had just learned to ski the year before and in ‘98 I had a season pass at WP while going to school in Boulder. I don’t know where on the mountain this pic was taken; somebody probably could tell me.
View attachment 148924
The next pic was taken somewhere near Eldora (CO), on a backcountry ski outing. If somebody knows exactly where this is, I’d love to know.
View attachment 148925
I had to throw this next one in. Who can name the guy I’m with? This was in the early ‘90’s, when I was doing a lot of nordic skiing.
View attachment 148926
Eddie the Eagle

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
From 2003 at Kirkwood during a fresh powder day. 2005 was a big snow year. This is a minor hike to zone on Vista Ridge over a small hill. Shot from Chair 4 lift ride, my bouncy run on moderately narrow Volant Powderkarves.

KW_12905a.jpg

Last edited:

OldSmoke

Booting up
Skier
Here’s me some time in the early 80s, somewhere in the PNW (we used to ski Alpental, Snoqualmie, and Steven’s Pass).

Check me out rockin’ those Vaurnet sunglasses and Fischer skis.

Let’s see some old pics of you on the slopes!
First post... my father and his homie...1974...Ski Buckaloons (defunct) Pennsylvania

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_190721275_PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    IMG_20211130_190721275_PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 15

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had to throw this next one in. Who can name the guy I’m with? ;) This was in the early ‘90’s, when I was doing a lot of nordic skiing.
View attachment 148926
The Legend that is an inspiration to all people to have a go at something even if you aren't going to be the best or in his case, actually ,nowhere near the best.
Loved listening to his exploits and loved the film with Hugh Jackman playing his trainer and Christopher Walken his mentor

Last edited:

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
1638991579644.png

[Just got a whole pile of very old slides digitized and found this ...]
Me, in Bermuda where I was living, in September 1982 having just arrived back from London where I had bought the boots (Salomon SX70's - could be in the SX in the wild thread too), and the skis, Dynastar Omesoft 195s with Salomon S727 bindings. I'm being silly, pretending to look for the snow covered mountains in Bermuda. For snow, I had to wait to go to Vail over that Christmas which is where my avatar picture is taken ...

P.S. gawd I wish I weighed the same as then ...

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Legend that is an inspiration to all people to have a go at something even if you aren't going to be the best or in his case, actually ,nowhere near the best.
Loved listening to his exploits and loved the film with Hugh Jackman playing his trainer and Christopher Walken his mentor
He was the nicest guy, too. He took the time to talk to me and he was just filled with enthusiasm. I’m happy I was able to meet him. And, to see him jump! Watching someone jump from that height was impressive; it didn’t matter that he was a novice compared to others.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid