• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is our third year going to SIA as Pugski, and we could not be more excited. We have a full dance card and will be spending much of the show with our partner from SkiGearTV, @Tim Flanagan getting videos for his YouTube channel and for use here. @Tricia started a thread for questions that you want answered about upcoming gear; we have made notes there and will make sure we ask them, too.

Every day we have a Facebook Live session scheduled:

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 8.24.47 PM.png

Please check our Facebook page HERE.

Last year's thread HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We had a chance to pre-walk the floor, and with all the changes with combining with OR, there is simple chaos in the aisles. From what we understand, they need to be off the floor by early this evening but there will be work that needs to be done well into the wee hours. Yes, there is craziness but I have confidence that by opening bell at 9AM it will get done and they will be "show ready."

We did get to see some of the new gear that we will be sharing with you, and there were some surprises even for us. Everyone is addressing hard snow skis. Where "walk mode" boots were the talk of the show in years past, "light is right" is the talk this year with almost every manufacturer having an offering in the 1.5-1.7 kg range. I will be sharing some pre-show pics as soon as they come over to the computer from my phone. Stay tuned. The excitement has already started on Day 0.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ok...I couldn't wait...but no more...you will have to wait until tomorrow.

Elan Ripskicks...
IMG_0066.JPG

Völkl Freeride:
IMG_0067.JPG

Warden 11
IMG_0068.JPG

Stöckli Lasers:
IMG_0071.JPG

The Pivot 18 Forza
IMG_0072.JPG

Stay tuned tomorrow for the official openings.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, carving seems to be coming on again. Interesting.

Makes sense... things tend to go in cycles in order to promote sales. Fat skis get popular for a while = everyone has them = need to look for the next thing = carving skis begin to get popular again, probably with some kind of twist or something to make them new.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
things tend to go in cycles in order to promote sales

Hopefully, advances in materials and process technologies also accompany the cycle, to yield meaningful changes in performance. Otherwise, it's basically a fashion thing.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Makes sense... things tend to go in cycles in order to promote sales. Fat skis get popular for a while = everyone has them = need to look for the next thing = carving skis begin to get popular again, probably with some kind of twist or something to make them new.
My dad never threw his ties out no matter how wide or narrow. He said eventually he'd be wearing them again. Ties and skis.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Having seen much of the new gear prior to the show the show has become time to do business and get the details. There was one thing initially that caught us by surprise and that came from the Kastle booth. We heard rumors that there would be a all new MX ski, the MX99 (we know you want sizes, we will supply them later) but we didn't realize there was to be TWO new MX's. The MX67 caught us by surprise also. We know how much our readers like narrow skis and I think this one in particular will throw a monkey wrench into some of your buying processes next season. I did have a chance to flex the new MX67 (and MX99) and I will say the flex patterns are niiiiice. Kastle said they were going to add some color to the new skis and IMHO they did it with class.

full

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor

Staff online