• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Silver/Lookout conditions

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Silver Mt. just adequate snow not enough for real safe off piste except in a few places. In a 5-6 six day storm cycle now so should improve pretty good in that amount of time.

Lookout has more snow and is skiing ok, same as Silver for safe off piste. EOB not doable, chair 3 pretty saketchy.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Same as Schweitzer. Off piste is a bit sketchy. Need more snow and we are getting it. Today was good and more coming each day it looks like.

JHust

Putting on skis
Skier
Silver Mt. just adequate snow not enough for real safe off piste except in a few places. In a 5-6 six day storm cycle now so should improve pretty good in that amount of time.

Lookout has more snow and is skiing ok, same as Silver for safe off piste. EOB not doable, chair 3 pretty saketchy.
What is the gondola situation like? How are they staging people to take the gondola back down to town? I have a season pass but have been concerned about whether they are just letting everyone crowd into the lodge to load up.

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
What is the gondola situation like? How are they staging people to take the gondola back down to town? I have a season pass but have been concerned about whether they are just letting everyone crowd into the lodge to load up.

Loading to go up the line was ok, distanced etc. Don't know about going down as leave early usually. Loading up there was two of us and they gave us our choice ride just us or add more. We chose jiust the 2 of us and that was ok.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone skied Brundage or Tamarack this season? What's the coverage like? Is there enough snow to ski off the groomed?

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone skied Brundage or Tamarack this season? What's the coverage like? Is there enough snow to ski off the groomed?
Yes, at both you will be fine.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"Off piste; proceed at your own level of stupidity." That's a thought I've followed all too frequently. In life as well as off piste.

Last edited:

Coomba

Booting up
Skier
Skied Lookout on Tuesday. Groomers and bumps all skied well considering the hill was rained on last week and has only received four inches since then.

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
DEC 12th 2021. Lookout, I didn't go but my buds report. Front side good coverage, no obstacles on Gold, Silver or Copper, Black Bear too. They don't have all the new triple chairs on Chair 2 yet, so need to finish that and get safety check before 2 will run. Face showing a few tree tiptops. Report was good skiing, 11am and after quite a lift line.

JHust

Putting on skis
Skier
DEC 12th 2021. Lookout, I didn't go but my buds report. Front side good coverage, no obstacles on Gold, Silver or Copper, Black Bear too. They don't have all the new triple chairs on Chair 2 yet, so need to finish that and get safety check before 2 will run. Face showing a few tree tiptops. Report was good skiing, 11am and after quite a lift line.
It was nice, I put some pics over in the pnw thread
https://www.skitalk.com/threads/2021-2022-pnw-ski-resorts-conditions-meetups.24004/post-680011

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skied Silver Friday, windy of chair 3, too windy to ski. Chair 2 ok and 4 was no wind. Snow varied from 4inches to 6 and was very good. No lift lines and didn't notice others around until about 1100. Friday the 24th of Dec.