• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
There have been a few discussion/questions asked by people where to get boots fitted in Wisconsin. Yesterday I spent 3 hrs at Sheperd and Schaller Sporting goods in Wausau. It's there big dungeon sale but they also have whole store discounts right now too. I have 2 friends looking for boots. One hasn't had a new pair since 10 yrs ago, the other needed a better fitting boot. The Volkl rep Dave was there too. He helped out which was fun, since he always recommended Volkl gear and I tried to show some of the alternatives. :)

Anyways it was good to see most of the staff start the fitting process correctly. Rob the owner has been doing this for 30 years and his dad started the business 70 yrs ago. In talking to Rob, it sounded like he likes to take his time fitting boots and making adjustments when needed. Friend will be taking his boots back next week when there is time to have the shell stretched just a little. Was also enjoyable discussing ski/gear trends in Wisconsin and buyers habits.

As I become more active, it is fun to find out what retailers do offer good customer service in Wisconsin.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you skied Granite Peak? For the Midwest that place looks pretty awesome.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The top can be fairly steep, then it runs out flat for a long ways.

Sponsor

Staff online