• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Instructor Shortages

TS
SkiSchoolPros

SkiSchoolPros

Impact Ecosystem- ie.Money with Meaning
Skier
The latter strategy will just end in mass resignation.
Yes, I worked for VR the past 10 seasons, but am not this season and don't plan to in the future. It amazes me that one of their solutions to instructor shortages is to treat instructors worse.

justplanesteve

Getting off the lift
Skier
Why doesn't a group like PSIA start the lobby process to gain access for (defined professional) instructors to "any mountain ski resort that is leased on state or federally owned land". Perhaps each area could "test" applicants to individual areas, but any site-specific tests would be negotiated & administered by the PSIA.
IOW, any resort on government land could not prevent a certified instructor from advertising & conducting classes and private lessons on the mountain, so long as they were trained not to be an obstruction to the facility.

1.) I'm serious
2.) there have to be a few annoyed high powered attorney PSIA members with law firms who could set a few associates to the task.

Hey, it works for the aircraft industry, among many, many others.

smt

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Why doesn't a group like PSIA start the lobby process to gain access for (defined professional) instructors to "any mountain ski resort that is leased on state or federally owned land". Perhaps each area could "test" applicants to individual areas, but any site-specific tests would be negotiated & administered by the PSIA.
IOW, any resort on government land could not prevent a certified instructor from advertising & conducting classes and private lessons on the mountain, so long as they were trained not to be an obstruction to the facility.

1.) I'm serious
2.) there have to be a few annoyed high powered attorney PSIA members with law firms who could set a few associates to the task.

Hey, it works for the aircraft industry, among many, many others.

smt
This idea might warrant an entire thread of its own. @justplanesteve, would you consider starting that thread now before the conversation gets started here but can't get enough traction because it's embedded inside a thread about instructor shortages?

Reactions: zag

Sponsor

Staff online