• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski shop Fredericksburg Virginia

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I frequent both Alpine Ski and Pro-Fit and both Brian’s are excellent for boot work. The biggest difference there being Brian Deely is on site at Pro-Fit day in day out during the winter season. From a mounting, tuning and service prospective, Pro Fit is 2nd none in northern Virginia. You spend some time in there on a weekend day and you will meet folks from MD, WV, PA and all over Virginia that bring there business there.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I frequent both Alpine Ski and Pro-Fit and both Brian’s are excellent for boot work. The biggest difference there being Brian Deely is on site at Pro-Fit day in day out during the winter season.

Yup. Eardley has scaled back his work hours since the dissolution of the original DC-based Ski Center, and he still coaches alpine racing two days per week. But he's a master boot whisperer and the man I trust implicitly and explicitly with my hard-to-fit feet.

Brian Deeley owns Pro-Fit and thus is there most of the time. He's great, and his shop is truly wonderful.

fosphenytoin

Putting on skis
Skier
But when you want something more you can rest assured that there are shops for said need in the greater DC area.

Agree with above -> Pro-fit Ski shop in Leesburg and Alpine Ski shop in Fairfax are my go to shops for boot fitting and ski tuning related services.

For boot fitting, Brian Eardley at Alpine Ski Shop in Fairfax is very well respected. He was recommended by Rusty C. (former Epic Ski moderator). He was my boot fitter. Only problem is, he works at the shop during ski seasons only. I suggest you call the shop to find out his working hours. There are 2 Alpine Ski Shops. one in Fairfax, one in Sterling. Brian works at Fairfax shop.

For skis tuning, mounting, I know Brian Eardley does not do that (I asked him once). Techs at Alpine Ski Shops do those and I don't know the quality of their work as I never had my skis serviced at that shop.

I bring my skis to Pro-fit ski in Leesburg for tuning and waxing. Agree with @Coach13 said about the quality of their work. Brian Deeley, owner of Pro-Fit ski, is another very well respected boot fitter in this area. Since he owns the shop, he is there all the time, no need to call / make appt. you can just stop by.

I had bad experiences with REI and Sun & Ski, almost ruined my ski trips.

I live in Alexandria, VA. Pro-fit ski in Leesburg is about 1 hr 15 min. drive one way. But I find the long drive justified, I only bring my skis to Brian D.'s shop now, it is reliable, no bad surprises. They also have an inside ski deck. I go there once a month for lessons during off season. It is good way to continue working on my techniques.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Agree with above -> Pro-fit Ski shop in Leesburg and Alpine Ski shop in Fairfax are my go to shops for boot fitting and ski tuning related services.

For boot fitting, Brian Eardley at Alpine Ski Shop in Fairfax is very well respected. He was recommended by Rusty C. (former Epic Ski moderator). He was my boot fitter. Only problem is, he works at the shop during ski seasons only. I suggest you call the shop to find out his working hours. There are 2 Alpine Ski Shops. one in Fairfax, one in Sterling. Brian works at Fairfax shop.

For skis tuning, mounting, I know Brian Eardley does not do that (I asked him once). Techs at Alpine Ski Shops do those and I don't know the quality of their work as I never had my skis serviced at that shop.

I bring my skis to Pro-fit ski in Leesburg for tuning and waxing. Agree with @Coach13 said about the quality of their work. Brian Deeley, owner of Pro-Fit ski, is another very well respected boot fitter in this area. Since he owns the shop, he is there all the time, no need to call / make appt. you can just stop by.

I had bad experiences with REI and Sun & Ski, almost ruined my ski trips.

I live in Alexandria, VA. Pro-fit ski in Leesburg is about 1 hr 15 min. drive one way. But I find the long drive justified, I only bring my skis to Brian D.'s shop now, it is reliable, no bad surprises. They also have an inside ski deck. I go there once a month for lessons during off season. It is good way to continue working on my techniques.

I think the reason Pro Fit is so consistent with their mounting and tuning work is that for the most part the same 2 sets of hands have been doing the ski work, for many years now. There is 1full time tech in the back doing the majority of the mounting, prepping, tuning and release checks on new skis as well as quite a bit of the normal tuning work on skis in the shop for service. He’s been there for years (his name escapes me). Brian himself also does a good bit of the tuning work to fill the void when he’s not doing boot work.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Alpine Ski shop in Fairfax are in the old Willis location. The only other outlets left are Sun & Ski (Chantilly, Falls Church and Gaithersburg - some old Ski Chalet employees are still there) and ...REI.
Wasn't there another WIlli's in Fair Oaks too that closed? And the Chantilly Sun and Ski has closed.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Wasn't there another WIlli's in Fair Oaks too that closed?

Don't remember that one - there was an Alpine in Oakton at one point.

*has a nostalgia moment for the days when there were ski shops in Woodbridge, in Wheaton, in Bethesda/South Rockville, in Belle Haven, in Maclean, in Germantown, in White Flint mall and just off New Hampshire avenue *