• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski/Snow Clothing for taller people

JeffreyLF

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I've been trying(and failing) to find particularly snow pants in my size, I've done several hours or research on this problem and cannot find anything. For reference I am 6'8 and wear 36x38 for pants. The longest inseam I am able to find for this waist size is 36, I have tried ordering the 36 inch ones but it is never enough. I was wondering if anyone on here knew anywhere I could order some new winter gear that would actually fit, thank you!

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I feel your pain. I'm 6'6" and wear 36x36 pants. Most tall size ski pants are too tight in my thighs, so I use Burton cargo snowboard pants in XLT and take in the slack at the waist with the adjustable velcro tabs. I'd be curious to know where you tried ordering yours. I have been tempted to try ordering some from Obermeyer as I have their Charger jackets in XLT and they fit me fine. For base and mid layers I have tall sizes from Eddie Bauer, Land's End, and Carhartt.

TS
JeffreyLF

JeffreyLF

Skier
I feel your pain. I'm 6'6" and wear 36x36 pants. Most tall size ski pants are too tight in my thighs, so I use Burton cargo snowboard pants in XLT and take in the slack at the waist with the adjustable velcro tabs. I'd be curious to know where you tried ordering yours. I have been tempted to try ordering some from Obermeyer as I have their Charger jackets in XLT and they fit me fine. For base and mid layers I have tall sizes from Eddie Bauer, Land's End, and Carhartt.
Here are links to a brand of the longer ones I have found, but they still don't cut it for me unfortunately
Try Trew Trewth bibs. Large sizes and long sizes.
That is a little out of my budget unfortunately, thanks for the website though!

TS
JeffreyLF

JeffreyLF

Skier
I ordered these and they fit, I'll have to wear 2 layers but it works for me
amazon.com/dp/B08JYL4FGQ

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I also ordered a custom Made jacket and pants. Pants were delayed, should be here any day now.

I also have a custom Jacket and pants from Cioch direct.

The standard pants with reinforced cuffs are £310. If you are in the US you would not have to pay VAT, so about $250.
Mine were more expensive, becaause I went for all kinds of extras: mini bib with suspenders, side zips, reinforced seat, knees and cuffs, lower leg velcro strips, doubled pump liner in seat and knees, internal gaiters.
So, basically you can go as basic or expensive as you want.

Also supports a small family business.

I am 6’5”, 169 lbs, usually buy 32x36 pants. Here I am skiing in the Made jacket and Cioch pants:
2ADB833F-0B71-4F53-AF8C-049711F13914.jpeg

TipsUp

Skier
I’ll second TREWth Primo Bib Tall. I’m 6’5”+ (longer legs vs torso) and about 240 dad bod and the XL Tall fits great. The inseams are 34” and they hit just on top of my bare feet and have a bit of break in ski boots.

TREW is offering 15% off on all outerwear until Feb 11 but the best deal is to sign up for their Alpine Black Diamond club which is the same price as a pair of bibs. Then you get your choice of any bibs or jacket, and 35% all other outerwear and 20% off their other gear and base layers. Customer support is also awesome. Not sponsored just stoked on my TREW gear.

Reactions: ejj

Sponsor

Staff online