• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Some people really need to weed their ski collection.
Maybe if this is the ski collection:

1639021257059.png

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some people really need to weed their ski collection.

Also, did you not notice how pared-down we keep the family pole quiver?!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
inroom storage, downstairs storage was full, sooo yeah :)

etsy button skiracks are very nice! I did cheat with a stud finder, and it was mounted level in 2-3 minutes!

there are also about 12 pairs without binders hiding in this picture

Bought another more industrial solution for downstairs, pics willcome shortly :)

2022-01-27 21.13.45.jpg

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
inroom storage, downstairs storage was full, sooo yeah :)

etsy button skiracks are very nice! I did cheat with a stud finder, and it was mounted level in 2-3 minutes!

there are also about 12 pairs without binders hiding in this picture

Bought another more industrial solution for downstairs, pics willcome shortly :)

View attachment 157135
same here. works great

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I finally cleaned up my ski storage. The poles might be temporary but it works for now. I had a bunch of scrap wood so it was basically free.
20220127_171524.jpg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice P50s with Piston Controls
They pretty much take up space. I did ski them a few years ago. The bindings aren't Grip Walk so their usefulness may have come to an end.

James

Out There
Instructor
The P50s are 183. :ogbiggrin:
Might have to stage an intervention!
While it’s happening, I’ll take good care of that Blossom and the Renoun. ogsmile

The Ichthyosaurs skis are the fatest short ski or the shortest fat skis I’ve seen. Fun? Are they Moment?

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Might have to stage an intervention!
While it’s happening, I’ll take good care of that Blossom and the Renoun. ogsmile

The Ichthyosaurs skis are the fatest short ski or the shortest fat skis I’ve seen. Fun? Are they Moment?
They are Moment Night Trains. I got them because our friends had (they recently sold) a brewery and Ichthyosaur Pale Ale is their main brew. They used to do a yearly ski with Moment and the Icky graphics. The ski is a full rocker, 125 under foot, so way to short for me. I've skied the back bowls at Chez Ziggy and my cul de sac. Not much else.
20220127_194139.jpg
20220127_194158.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was revisiting this thread and it is hard not to notice all of the "old" skis. :roflmao:

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
A little off topic here but I thought I read someplace you should not store skis sandwiched together at the binding like this. Has any of you noticed any I’ll effects on the ski camber or brakes due to storage?

we used to store them upside down in between the floor joists when I was younger. Just screw a few 1x1s in and it worked great

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
but I thought I read someplace you should not store skis sandwiched together at the binding like this.
I have never seen any publication or article on this, if you could find it, please share with the class.

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have never seen any publication or article on this, if you could find it, please share with the class.

Here are a few. None specifically speak about the brakes binding them together but all agree not to compress the camber in any way. How much does locking the brakes together compress the camber? I don’t know.

im curious if anyone has noticed any adverse impact of doing this. I have always stored mine separately, just because it was easier in my situation.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink