• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Non Region Specific Ski Town Real Estate

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
You know what they say. Location, location, location. $12 million. An in-holding in GNP.

What! 3/4 of an acre and a 3k sqft house for $12 mil!! Wow, they still have to deal with the cluster line to get into the park?!?! Thats alot of aribnb to pay that mortgage.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Here in Ennis, prices have gone up so much the long terms rentals are just being sold at such a high price the long terms renters can't afford to buy them and are forced out.

In that people could get long term rentals, yes. Because right now they've got to go to another town entirely.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
A bit more info.
That is quite a story. What an absolute bargain they got it 2013. Amazing. Shows you 1) the significant increase in home prices, and 2) the huge growth in popularity of Glacier and other National Parks.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
What! 3/4 of an acre and a 3k sqft house for $12 mil!! Wow, they still have to deal with the cluster line to get into the park?!?! Thats alot of aribnb to pay that mortgage.
To me the biggest “craziness” in Whitefish is what homes in the Creekwood neighborhood are going on the market and selling for. Houses seemingly selling for $450K a few years back are now being listed for $1.7M. I guess the TX and CA plates in the hood explain a bit.

Last edited:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As Mrs. Einstein would say, "It's all relative, Albert."

If you are moving from Silicon Valley or even San Diego, Those prices don't seem so crazy. I have a friend in Santa Barbara and if she had to move there now, well, she couldn't. And friends with young adult kids won't see them move nearby either. Since some folks can work at home, they are escaping the high price of housing and driving prices in other areas up.

Does someone here know, are any of those escaped from expensive places falling in price? New York, San Fran? London? Doubt it. Although lakeside Chicago seems pretty cheap these days.

I am glad I don't live in a big metro area, but cities are more environmentally efficient. If all the city dwellers moved to the country, it would be terrible for the wild things.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
New Mexico is the only place left to go. I wonder if its third worldness will be overcome at some point or if it will keep people repelled as it has before?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any of the collective have any info./connections/recommendations concerning real estate/land around Lake Rescue/Okemo Valley, VT?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
There are still places. Just depends on what you are looking for.
30 minutes to lift skiing, 15 minutes to BC skiing,10 minutes to town, 2 hours to an airport, 1 1/2 to a city. Homes on acreage can still be bought for well under $300K.

20201006_105912.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Sponsor

Staff online