• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skis for maximizing your bump skiing practice time?

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
The Latigo has a bit of a cult following here, for good reason.
When I started to read this thread, "LatiGo" came immediately into my mind. When I demoed a pair, years ago, despite skiing it on a groomer the thought "this ski should be fun to ski in bumps" was the very first thought I made. I was skiing a much heavier Nordica HR Top Fuel as a daily driver at that time. Similar dimensions but much heavier due to the construction and the XBS piston plate that came standard with them. The LatiGo, without a plate and with different internal built was much nimbler and playful. This said, are there pairs still to be found (new unused/lightly used)? I doubt, alas. Funnily enough I do not find old Head SL skis any better than my present daily driver ( Voelk racetigers) in bumps, or the sad iteration of them that sometimes form here.. But maybe it is just me, as said earlier here, "the indian, not the arrow". What would be a present day incarnation?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Should we mention it again? New old stock Nordica Navigator 80.

TS
MissySki

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Wouldn't the sister to the Navigator, the Nordica Astral 78ti or 84ti, be quite similar?
Curious about this as well.. and is this now the Wild Belles line?