• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review SkiSkootys Bootaclava boot warmers

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe they could be done in a custom SkiTalk print, like the buffs. Matchy matchy!

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Long time boot glove user. Just ordered a pair and will report back.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just don't stop in the shade or it will release it right back! :D

And here we are on Ski Talk, on a Saturday morning, discussing black body radiation.......

Next up, the behavior of a particle in a one-dimensional box!

Tomorrow: Does watching/not watching beginners trying to load onto a fast chairlift impact the likelihood of them falling into what I call The Pit of Shame and Despair, or not?! :ogbiggrin:

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sorry for thread drift, OP what boot is that, I haven't seen that forward lean adjustment before?

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry for thread drift, OP what boot is that, I haven't seen that forward lean adjustment before?
Fischer RC4 The Curv GT 130 Vacuum Walk. It's a mouthful but a really nice boot. See my review here.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A quick update: I wore the Bootaclavas on a "regular" day with temps in the mid to upper 20s. Normally, I'd just run the boot heaters at 8 or 10 just to make sure my toes stay warm. With the covers I was able to reduce that to 6 and, frankly, if I was going to ski more that day I could have bumped them down another notch or two. The additional insulation afforded by the Bootaclavas would allow the skier with boot heaters to run the batteries longer at a lower setting on those normal temperature days while also allowing comfortable skiing on colder days when the heat levels are bumped up. Yes, they work!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
A quick update: I wore the Bootaclavas on a "regular" day with temps in the mid to upper 20s. Normally, I'd just run the boot heaters at 8 or 10 just to make sure my toes stay warm. With the covers I was able to reduce that to 6 and, frankly, if I was going to ski more that day I could have bumped them down another notch or two. The additional insulation afforded by the Bootaclavas would allow the skier with boot heaters to run the batteries longer at a lower setting on those normal temperature days while also allowing comfortable skiing on colder days when the heat levels are bumped up. Yes, they work!
When I worked at a ski shop that carried Boot Gloves I would tell potential purchasers that on a really cold day they would allow you to stay out for 1 or 2 more runs vs no Boot Glove, and by then other body parts are probably wanting to go in and warm up anyways. So they make for a very inexpensive cold feet solution vs heated footbeds.

It seems though, from Andy Mink's post, I missed a selling oppourtunity; I should have been selling Boot Gloves as battery life extenders to owners of heated footbeds. :ogbiggrin:

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Looking at these on Amazon.ca....what is the price in the states. Amazon Canada has them at $95.00!!
I saw them on Amazon for $39, $29 on the site if they were available.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Looking at these on Amazon.ca....what is the price in the states. Amazon Canada has them at $95.00!!
They are $39.99USD on Amazon.com so it looks like Amazon Canada is ripping off Canadian customers. While I am not a big fan of Walmart, I will shop Walmart.ca before Amazon.ca, if I can.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
@Jilly & @DanoT - @SkiSkootys told me she will have more on her site come fall. Maybe we wait till Sally has them in stock and purchase them direct instead of the giants (Amazon, Walmart, etc..)?

Last edited:

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Obviously you're going to need colors that match the color of all snow pants in the vast marketplace of ski clothing. Now this may sound like a lot of work, but think of it this way. Most serious skiers who don't live in Texas have multiple pairs of snow pants in a variety of colors - I personally have five pairs. This will mean that you will sell mutiple SKU's to each individual instead of one unit in black.
Think Big!!!

Sponsor