• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skitalk.com NASTAR teams

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If anyone cares. I created two Skitalk NASTAR teams as replacements for the old Pugski.com teams. Since our beer league uses NASTAR results, I figured "why not?" There is a friends/family team and a club team both with the names Skitalk.com.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
If anyone cares. I created two Skitalk NASTAR teams as replacements for the old Pugski.com teams. Since our beer league uses NASTAR results, I figured "why not?" There is a friends/family team and a club team both with the names Skitalk.com.
My kid and I were on that all the way back to the EpicSki days.. Don't be shy people, You don't have to be a great skier to help out and contribute points for the friends and family NASTAR teams.. and we can definitely bring in some ringers if we need to..

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I'll go with the Friends & Family SkiTalk NASTAR team. Heading up to Park City this Friday (Jan 29th) for a Mahre Training Center camp followed by another week of just goofing around. And skiing NASTAR courses.

On a related note, NASTAR.com says "TBD" for information about running NASTAR at Park City Canyons. Do any Vail-owned resorts actually run NASTAR?

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
NEVER MIND, I figured it out !!!!! I'm now on the SkiTalk.com Friends & Family team, heading to Utah next week! I'll see now many NASTAR runs I can get in for the week. Wish me luck! :cool:

Another question - how do I change from the PugSki team to Friends & Family SkiTalk.com team? I was on the NASTAR site and is says to go to the "update personal information" link under your profile and change it there, but I didn't see anything under updating information that referred to a team... HELP !!! ;-)

Last edited:
TS
Johnny V.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another question - how do I change from the PugSki team to Friends & Family SkiTalk.com team? I was on the NASTAR site and is says to go to the "update personal information" link under your profile and change it there, but I didn't see anything under updating information that referred to a team... HELP !!! ;-)
You should be able to go to the "update/edit personal information section and under the team name is a dropdown window. Just scroll to "skitalk.com" and you should be able to click on it and change it.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
OK, I did a run for the SkiTalk.com team, got a bronze medal. This weekend I got an email telling me I had qualified for the national finals! I guess they're short on old guys, or desperate on some other way... :roflmao: I wasn't able to do a 2nd run on the course as a guy crashed after I ran the course and they shut it down. The guy was 85 years old and apparently led that age group in standings. Hope he was OK ...

TS
Johnny V.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently qualifying is much easier than it used to be-at this point all you need to do is make one run on a NASTAR course..........................

At one point, you had to be in the top three in your age/medal group, then I think they changed it to top five, then three days, then to what it is now. I might be tempted to do a Nationals again (I was there in 2011 and had fun), but they are now so late in the year that the probability that afternoon races are slush fests is really high.

Last edited:

arkay

Booting up
Skier
Apparently qualifying is much easier than it used to be-at this point all you need to do is make one run on a NASTAR course..........................

At one point, you had to be in the top three in your age/medal group, then I think they changed it to top five, then three days, then to what it is now. I might be tempted to do a Nationals again (I was there in 2011 and had fun), but they are now so late in the year that the probability that afternoon races are slush fests is really high.
Yeah, qualification isn’t really a big deal. They seem to want people to participate. I get it. I’d like to do it but don’t really have the time or $$$. Looks cool and quite a party.