• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiTalk Edizione Speciale Sideral

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked up my SkiTalk Sideral skis from @Philpug and @Tricia today morning at Mt.Rose. #6 of 25 (176 cm).
:daffy:

PXL_20210417_154425917.jpg

I got to ski then for a couple of hours at Diamond Peak. So nice! Conditions varied from bulletproof/firm through perfect corn to slush. Siderals ate it it all up.:D

Screenshot_20210417-124812~2.png

Screenshot_20210417-134501-01.jpeg

:yeah:

Last edited:

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Question for @Blossom Skis and @Philpug: has anything about this ski’s construction changed since the Spaulding days? Or is it a case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”?

By way of comparison, over four decades later, and the lightbulb core is still in almost every bowling ball manufacturer’s stable. Some designs are timeless.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Question for @Blossom Skis and @Philpug: has anything about this ski’s construction changed since the Spaulding days? Or is it a case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”?

By way of comparison, over four decades later, and the lightbulb core is still in almost every bowling ball manufacturer’s stable. Some designs are timeless.
If you mean by asking if anything has changed in making some of the highest quality skis on the market, no, nothing has changed ;)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I should add in this thread that I skied mine the last 10 days of my season, at Timberline (WV), Killington, Vail, Copper, and A-Basin. I really like them - very smooth, easy turning, a little more laid back and able to handle variable conditions compared to my Stockli Laser SCs. And as I had 72 width and 84 width pairs already, they slot pretty nicely between at 77. :)

Here shown at Vail:

1652185728032.png

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
If you mean by asking if anything has changed in making some of the highest quality skis on the market, no, nothing has changed ;)
I would think that the epoxy and the plastic top sheet is better than 40 years ago.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Yeah, I'm feeling a bit of nostalgia. My high school years, 1971-3, were racing on 207cm Siderals. Wish I had photos from back then.
Back then people would say that the Siderals were Spalding's answer to the Rossignol Strato 102. I remember them as a lighter ski than the 102 and several pairs of Siderals came back with the tips delaminated. But because they were light many people were using them for jumping off bumps and landing on flat surfaces and that is always a bad idea.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January