• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiTalk Tahoe GTG 5/5/21

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
no guarantee but pattern has been a couple hours at Shirley, then switch to granite, finish day at sib eria

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm getting my HVAC worked on....critical in Sacramento for the summer.
That almost ranks up there with "I'm cleaning my oven"! OTOH, we're getting AC installed next Tuesday!

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry, I meant tomorrow (Wednesday) May 5- I am thinking a après skiing gtg would have skiing as a predecessor ;)

Last edited:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just saw a recipe for Cheesy Asparagus Casserole. Yep, that's what this GTG needs.
Or:
I've made several times since asparagus season started. Easy recipe and tasty!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like a fun GTG.

May a fifth be with you.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Suggestion for side dish should anyone want one -- bacon wrapped asparagus

I saw it online today. Basically, one or more asparagus wrapped in bacon. You can add garlic powder, pepper, maybe even parmesan, but no salt -- the bacon provides that.

Sounds grillable. And is recommended to accompany rib eye and mashed potatoes. Sounds more like an appetizer to me ... get 'em while they're hot.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just saw a recipe for Cheesy Asparagus Casserole. Yep, that's what this GTG needs.
I've made several times since asparagus season started. Easy recipe and tasty!
[/QUOTE]
Suggestion for side dish should anyone want one -- bacon wrapped asparagus

I saw it online today. Basically, one or more asparagus wrapped in bacon. You can add garlic powder, pepper, maybe even parmesan, but no salt -- the bacon provides that.
Enough with asparagus suggestions...we'll never get the smell out of the bathroom. ;)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So for those who are skiing at SV tomorrow, I didn't see a meetup time and place, but I'll have on an electric blue under armor hoodie, grey pants, charcoal Smith helmet with white goggle strap and Salomon orange and black boots. For skis, not sure what I'll be on but I'll make sure it's a set with Pugski stickers. Depends on whether I can get motivated to wax tonight. Most likely an ancient set of skilogiks.

I answer to the name Phillip and absent some other plan will hit the Funi or Squaw One and Gold Coast and make my way to the backside expediently at opening.

I'm surprised to hear you're on Shirley early, I would expect the sunny side of Granite, but if it's staying THAT warm then who knows. But back there somewhere.....

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is true-I skied with him a few times and he kept talking about getting ready for the Grumps/bumps.
This is very confusing information. When @mdf and I broke for mini-lunch at the Arc, the whole Grumpy Group was there, including Nyquist. However once we all got back out on the hill he was nowhere to be seen - or, more remarkably, heard. So I still haven't gotten to ski with him this year.

Sponsor

Staff online