• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Stealing this thread idea from @Ron at Steamboat and plagiarizing him too:thumb:

The idea is to offer a thread to facilitate meet-ups for anyone planning on skiing resorts near Salt Lake City this season? I'll be skiing at Snowbird and Park City quite a bit over the next few months and could possibly venture to other mtns for meet-ups. Can't promise I'll always be available to meet-up for unofficial tours or make a few runs together, but there is a decent chance that I or someone else participating in this thread will be in the SLC area and could meet on any given day even if just for a couple hours. I enjoy meeting and skiing with Pugskiers of all skiing abilities. I am old and slow, but have explored almost all inbounds terrain at Snowbird and Park City.

To start this off I will take the liberty of posting some dates of various Pugski members visits to SLC and their ski areas of interest that were posted in my recentpoll on this.

@jmills115 and @bbinder prefer the IKON mtns and weekdays

@Shawn C. preferences are 1) Alta 2) Brighton/Solitude 3) Park City and skis weekends and occasional weekdays

@luliski will be in the SLC area Feb 26 to Mar 2

@blackke17 skis IKON resorts, avoids ALL Saturdays, and usually skis on Sundays and wednesdays

@aveski prefers IKON resorts and will be in SLC area in early March

@TheArchitect will be in SLC area in mid-March

@Tony will be in SLC Mar 9-14 and skiing Alta/Bird and Brighton

@Pasha skiing Alta/Bird Mar 13-16

@JohnL in SLC area Mar 12 to 19 early Apr

Please correct me if I've misspoken on above plans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think having Snowbird as the main resort and then hitting Alta, Solitude, DV, or Brighton every couple weeks would be good. Thanks for starting this up @Jim Kenney

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We will be arriving in SLC on 3/2, leaving April 3rd. We are on IKON, staying in the valley, and will have our car.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
See my other thread for organizing a regular Wednesday meet-up effort starting on Feb 19 at Snowbird.

Matt Sherrill

Loving steeps
Skier
Stealing this thread idea from @Ron at Steamboat and plagiarizing him too:thumb:

The idea is to offer a thread to facilitate meet-ups for anyone planning on skiing resorts near Salt Lake City this season? I'll be skiing at Snowbird and Park City quite a bit over the next few months and could possibly venture to other mtns for meet-ups. Can't promise I'll always be available to meet-up for unofficial tours or make a few runs together, but there is a decent chance that I or someone else participating in this thread will be in the SLC area and could meet on any given day even if just for a couple hours. I enjoy meeting and skiing with Pugskiers of all skiing abilities. I am old and slow, but have explored almost all inbounds terrain at Snowbird and Park City.

To start this off I will take the liberty of posting some dates of various Pugski members visits to SLC and their ski areas of interest that were posted in my recentpoll on this.

@Shawn C. preferences are 1) Alta 2) Brighton/Solitude 3) Park City and skis weekends and occasional weekdays

@blackke17 skis IKON resorts, avoids ALL Saturdays, and usually skis on Sundays and wednesdays

@JohnL in SLC area Mar 12 to 19

Please correct me if I've misspoken on above plans.
This is a great idea, thanks for starting the discussion. I’m staying in Park City until 3/16, and would love to meet up to ski with advanced or expert skiers.
I have the Epic pass, so I would also like to check out Snowbasin. I also have Mtn Collective, and would love to hit Alta or Snowbird a few days, including tomorrow, 2/17. Please let me know if you’d like to join me.
I’ll message a few people from your list after posting this. Sorry if I did this backward, but I’m brand new to this site. Cheers!

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
I will be skiing brighton and Solitude March 12, 13 and 14 with my daughter, Karen. Hope to connect with some of you. John, Bob and Marsha, Jim kenney, Tony, Archectect.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Who has tickets, who still needs tickets?
This is a great idea, thanks for starting the discussion. I’m staying in Park City until 3/16, and would love to meet up to ski with advanced or expert skiers.
I have the Epic pass, so I would also like to check out Snowbasin. I also have Mtn Collective, and would love to hit Alta or Snowbird a few days, including tomorrow, 2/17. Please let me know if you’d like to join me.
I’ll message a few people from your list after posting this. Sorry if I did this backward, but I’m brand new to this site. Cheers!

Welcome to Pugski Matt. I will be at Snowbird tomorrow, God willing. Today 2/16/20 was a dream up there. 8" new snow and amazingly light crowds, esp for a holiday weekend powder day! They tell me it was because today was an IKON blackout day. Tomorrow could be crazy-busy because the blackout is lifted I believe, and all bets are off on when I'll get up there. Heard the LCC access road will be closed from 530 to 8 am tomorrow. Send me a PM if you want to exchange phone numbers and try to meet for a few runs tomorrow. I might not get up there until 11am cause I don't feel like driving up at 5.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'll be at Gold Miner's Daughter (Alta) Feb 23-28, skiing Mon-Fri. Most days I'll be crossing over to Snowbird to meet some (non-Pugski) friends. Sat 2/29 I'll be skiing Park City or Deer Valley, TBD.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got some more PTO approved at work. I may be back in Utah in late March if Tahoe doesn't get more snow.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just got some more PTO approved at work. I may be back in Utah in late March if Tahoe doesn't get more snow.
Woo hoo!

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be skiing Altabird with my wife March 15-21 & staying in Sandy, so SolBright is an option too. Taking the bus, but a ride up some days would be great, if people have room.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We will be arriving in SLC on 3/2, leaving April 3rd. We are on IKON, staying in the valley, and will have our car.
This should be: arriving 3/26! I wish it were a month, but alas.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

@JohnL in SLC area Mar 12 to 19

Adding: @Jerez and family (2 college ski racer grandkids and 4 old but game relatives Staying in BCC March 14 to 21 have vehicles will travel for snow)

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't forget @Gary Stolt skiing Brighton and Solitude March 12, 13 and 14
Yes, I think I am going to try to ski with Gary on Mar 12 and 13 at Sol/Bright if he is interested. Perhaps you and others can join us on one or both days? I will defer to Gary on order of resorts. I will be at Snowbird for sure on March 15.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got to SLC. I'll be here for a week. The only day I'm not skiing is Wednesday. Let me know if you want to get together. I'm thinking Brighton or Solitude tomorrow (Sunday)

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Will be in the Salt Lake City area between the 22nd and the 28th. Mostly up in BCC probably but with wife on the DL may actually hit up Snowbird and Alta this trip. Also hope or a day at DV. That is if they don't shut the whole country down at some point.