• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slimmer Mens bibs..pants ?

Frank Ricard

Booting up
Skier
6'3, 185-190. I own a lot of Arcteryx. Their outerwear always fits me great. Clothes can be slightly more hit or miss, but I am usually fine - its the inseams that can get me. I have been buying Norrona a little more lately, as I am a little concerned about Arcteryx's push into high fashion. They usually fit me pretty well also. I bought the Tamok Bibs, as I highly prefer bibs and am a sucker for Gore Tex Pro... its their "regular fit" and I think regular is a fair way to put it. I wish they were slightly slimmer, but I didnt return them as they arent baggy (except a little where they flair out around my boots, which is by design) and overall are a nice piece of kit.

In summary, don't buy Norrona "regular" if you want slim, but its also not like Patagonia or the like where I am SWIMMING in their normal fit. I dont even bother with Fratabronia. Norrona "regular" is pretty regular, at least if youre a little more on the slender side. As Anders points out below, they have a "slim", "technical" and "relaxed" fit as well... For someone my size/build, they fit pretty close to their names.

norrøna loften or lyngen series are their slim series, tamok is the baggier.

Just FYI: Most of (3/4) of the Lofoten pants are regular fit. Only the standard "Gore-Tex Pants" is a technical fit.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm 5'9", 136 lbs., and slim (sounds better than skinny). About 2.5 years ago, my 12+ year-old Arcteryx bib ski pants (Alpha SV?) wore out beyond repair. I then went through a two-month process of buying, trying on, rejecting, and shipping back several models of ski pants. Most looked like clown pants on me. Finally, I found one that fit me well: Mammut Nordwand Pro. These pants give me room for base layers, and are neither tight nor baggy.
Ah, I am so glad I didn’t pick “Skinny” as my nickname :ogbiggrin:

With the Mammut, my experience with the pair softshell pants, and with the womens Nordwarnd HS (Hardshell) pants for my daughter, is that they run on the tight size, even compared to their measurements chart, when in doubt, go up a waist size.

They do make a lot of stuff in a true long inseam, which is very helpful for me, but not as necessary for someone who is 6’0 (I am 6’5”+ , 175, pants size 32x36), since the brands whose ”long” is a 34” inseam (laughing at you The North Face and Mtn Hardwear), would also fit well.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
If you like the freeride style but just not the bagginess check out the 686 GLCR. I’m 6’1” 165-170 34w and am in a large (possible could fit in medium at the waist). Lots of pockets, not completely Insulated, but not a shell either, with down in the ass and around the knees. Really good articulation for the slimmer fit. Crotch sits much higher than a lot of others brands that have a sag even when worn at the waist

Sponsor

Staff online