• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Smith Vantage air vent controls

jo3st3

Getting on the lift
Skier
The Smith Vantage helmet lets you control the air vents with two separate sliders... one for the front half of the helmet, and one for the back half of the helmet. I'm kind of curious, why would you open just one or the other? What is the scenario that you would close the front but open the back and vice versa? I'm thinking there must be a reason else they wouldn't have made this feature, but I'm not sure exactly why. Can someone shed some light on this?

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
The Smith Vantage helmet lets you control the air vents with two separate sliders... one for the front half of the helmet, and one for the back half of the helmet. I'm kind of curious, why would you open just one or the other? What is the scenario that you would close the front but open the back and vice versa? I'm thinking there must be a reason else they wouldn't have made this feature, but I'm not sure exactly why. Can someone shed some light on this?
Sometimes I only open the rear vents because with speed the front vent can be too much.

Marshall Barnes

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Sometimes I only open the rear vents because with speed the front vent can be too much.

Exactly, useful when opening front vents would be too cold... no downside to offering both options!