• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snow & Water Skis by Manufacturer

Max Air

You never get hurt in the air!
Skier
PXL_20210525_064756927 (2021-05-30T23_16_46.243).png

Last year I posted several manufacturers who crossed-over seasons into winter or summer.
Specifically, K2's R,W,B Comp & Experimentals in both snow and water skis, and, Jobe which made a run at snow skis.
Last week I found this Kneissl waterski unicorn I never knew existed.
This winter I bought a pair of EP Hart waterskis, but they do not mantch any of their skis to my knowledge.
I have an angle on the following:
1) Rainier Beer waterski to match the K2 Rainier Beer ski from the 70's.
2) Hexel waterski
3) Kazama waterski.
4) Durafiber waterski

If you know of others (or have something to sell) I'm interested in learning more.
I've recently found an old Blizzard Skateboard (but too much $$$$).
Also seeking the K2 skateboard mating the graphics of the 70's skis.

Send pics if you have them!

Attachments

• Blizzard Skate.jpg
    Blizzard Skate.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 22

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have Goode ski poles that are the strongest lightest, longest lasting pole I have ever owned; they're better than good.

Goode also makes skis and water skis.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have Goode ski poles that are the strongest lightest, longest lasting pole I have ever owned; they're better than good.

Goode also makes skis and water skis.
Goode makes world class water skis.

hart.

Last edited:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Goode snow skis are my favorite bump skis. They win randonee competitions. Dave Goode worked with DPS skis during the startup. The poles are a breakthrough that has persisted. Goode snow ski accomplishments are significant. Goode waterskis are the standard that all current waterskis are measured to. Dominant, more than significant for Goode waterskis. I've skied the waterskis and they do live up to the hype.

Hart bought EP when they were the premier waterski manufacturer. I skied the orange Hart/EP slalom ski in the 70s. "Ski with a Hart on!" Excellent waterski. I still want some Hart ballet skis. Their bump skis are pretty awesome.

I owned a couple K2 slalom waterskis back then as well. They didn't work for me despite a huge prejudice (I was skiing on snow on K2 Threes and loved them).

Maherajah waterskis used the Durafiber process to build a slalom waterski - again in the 70s. I'm not sure if Durafiber had a share of the company at the time. Maha was moving away from wood construction (the wood Maha skis were the record holding best in their day) but their fiberglass skis never caught on. Maha is still around building race waterskis but faded from the slalom scene. I lusted after Durafiber race skis when I was trying to ski gates.

Hexcel built a radical waterski in the 70s. It worked well enough to set a world record. But it was very pricey. I worked on a descendant (at Kimball) trying to make the technology more affordable - I failed, got fired and the ski faded to obscurity. Meanwhile, I was enjoying my Hexcelerators on the snow - just don't get in the back seat on them.

Shane McConkey rode jump waterskis as his inspiration for creating the super fat powder skis. Not sure what brand.

Jobe built excellent waterskis (I think they are still around). I saw a video of someone skiing on snow on Jobe skis. An experiment that didn't gain traction?

There was a European waterski named Fisher that was popular a decade ago. It appeared to be a clone of the Goode slalom ski. Not sure if it was associated with the company that builds Fisher snow skis.

A lot of the technology is similar so some waterski snow ski crossover is to be expected. Someday I need to build a snow ski from scratch...

Eric

TS
Max Air

Max Air

Skier
Goode snow skis are my favorite bump skis. They win randonee competitions. Dave Goode worked with DPS skis during the startup. The poles are a breakthrough that has persisted. Goode snow ski accomplishments are significant. Goode waterskis are the standard that all current waterskis are measured to. Dominant, more than significant for Goode waterskis. I've skied the waterskis and they do live up to the hype.

Hart bought EP when they were the premier waterski manufacturer. I skied the orange Hart/EP slalom ski in the 70s. "Ski with a Hart on!" Excellent waterski. I still want some Hart ballet skis. Their bump skis are pretty awesome.

I owned a couple K2 slalom waterskis back then as well. They didn't work for me despite a huge prejudice (I was skiing on snow on K2 Threes and loved them).

Maherajah waterskis used the Durafiber process to build a slalom waterski - again in the 70s. I'm not sure if Durafiber had a share of the company at the time. Maha was moving away from wood construction (the wood Maha skis were the record holding best in their day) but their fiberglass skis never caught on. Maha is still around building race waterskis but faded from the slalom scene. I lusted after Durafiber race skis when I was trying to ski gates.

Hexcel built a radical waterski in the 70s. It worked well enough to set a world record. But it was very pricey. I worked on a descendant (at Kimball) trying to make the technology more affordable - I failed, got fired and the ski faded to obscurity. Meanwhile, I was enjoying my Hexcelerators on the snow - just don't get in the back seat on them.

Shane McConkey rode jump waterskis as his inspiration for creating the super fat powder skis. Not sure what brand.

Jobe built excellent waterskis (I think they are still around). I saw a video of someone skiing on snow on Jobe skis. An experiment that didn't gain traction?

There was a European waterski named Fisher that was popular a decade ago. It appeared to be a clone of the Goode slalom ski. Not sure if it was associated with the company that builds Fisher snow skis.

A lot of the technology is similar so some waterski snow ski crossover is to be expected. Someday I need to build a snow ski from scratch...

Eric

Attachments

• Hexel H2O ski.jpg
    Hexel H2O ski.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Rainier Beer Ski Wileys.jpg
    Rainier Beer Ski Wileys.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 18
  • K2 Waterski.jpg
    K2 Waterski.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 16
  • K2 WS Wiley.jpg
    K2 WS Wiley.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Kazama WS Wileys.jpg
    Kazama WS Wileys.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Maherajah Monoski.jpg
    Maherajah Monoski.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 15
TS
Max Air

Max Air

Skier
Erik, that was an excellent run down of waterski & snow ski crossovers. The K2 never caught on, partly because they had difficulty floating. The Jobe snow ski was a cheap ski (direct quote from Henry Parker @ Jobe). One you missed was the Kazama. Like all the others, except the Hexels, the graphics match a ski model. Then there is the Rainier Beer waterski which matches their snow ski too. Lastly, the unicorn... the Maherajah 360 monoski, which is idetical in graphics to their waterski.

Sponsor

Staff online