• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowboarder Dressed as Chewbacca jailed for 2017 Thredbo Incident

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In 2015 Thredbo had given Keith Melvin Wass warning that he was on strict guidelines about his behavior at the resort, stating that his demeanour was not appropriate. After receiving two emails from guests who were concerned about his intimdating behavior in August of 2017, Rogers took a photograph of Wass stating that his pass was being pulled.

Wass responded, "Hey, I'm just Chewbacca" swinging his snowboard to Rogers' jaw. Bystanders intervened as Rogers fell to the ground concussed.

Keith Melvin Wass, a Pastafarian, appeared in court wearing his colander, which is a typical headwear for him. Defence lawyer Peter Pearsall argued his behaviour on the ski slopes was due to his significant mental health disorders, however the judge did not feel that it explained why the incident was justified, and incited that the attack was due to Wass' belief that the resorts actions interfered with his ability to live life as he wished.

See more to the story here.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was expecting to see a 22ish year old in the picture in the article.
I thought the same thing. Just goes to jow that we really don't know until we know.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What a story. I had to go research what Pastafarianism is. Turns out Kansas is part of the story of the group.
Not gonna lie. I laughed, but then we don't know.... perhaps we have members here who 'belong'. Far be it from me to mock someone's beliefs.
Won't you be surprised if I come to the next gathering with a colander graphic on my ski helmet?

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is pretty good satire. Henderson's quote "If there is a god and he's intelligent, then I would guess he has a sense of humor." reminds me of another:

"When God created man, she was only kidding." -- Warren Miller

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Not gonna lie. I laughed, but then we don't know.... perhaps we have members here who 'belong'. Far be it from me to mock someone's beliefs.
Won't you be surprised if I come to the next gathering with a colander graphic on my ski helmet?
I'll be wearing the colander.... :ogbiggrin:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And I just saw that today is @Noodler's birthday!

Sponsor

Staff online