• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowbound Expo in Boston Nov 18-20, 2022

James

Out There
Instructor
92A45F1C-CB4B-4A70-A866-07A3A22CB4FD.jpeg

My only shot from the show. Lots of Ski Maine stuff. Ice pellet/fog machine was out of order.
Fun time. Had some pizza at Eataly after.
5C7732DC-01BB-4029-9375-42580AA38951.jpeg

There’s Wcup racing in Alta Badia, and there’s a cheese from there.

It won't necessarily help any time wise, but for anyone coming from the West or North of Boston, you might want to consider parking at the Riverside T and taking the green line to the convention center if you don't want to deal with Boston driving or Boston parking rates.
That’s what I did, thanks. @Tricia got her first subway ride after the show, Phil fell asleep.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.
Dude, I was stoked to see you and wanted to talk to you but you disappeared after you helped us take our stuff back to the booth.
Missed chatting with you but stoked to see you there as well as Adam!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I went back and added names to photos in Phil's post.
Here are a few more. @Philpug presenting on the first day

IMG_3219.jpeg

@Philpug @Tricia and I think (first day my memory is fading) @bjohansson (correct me if I'm wrong.)
IMG_3225.jpeg

@James assuring me that the subway is a good idea and we will finally find his car in a parking lot along the way.
IMG_3229.jpeg

@Tricia Nora
69057009823__8009DD92-1FF2-4E27-8EE3-ED735130D627.jpeg

IMG_3236.jpeg

@Philpug @T-Square @AaronFM
IMG_3235.jpeg

Ed and Bernie Weischel. Ed used to be the director of World Pro Ski Tour.Bernie started Ski Expo before it was sold to SIA (amongh countless other things he's done.

IMG_3237.JPG

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Dude, I was stoked to see you and wanted to talk to you but you disappeared after you helped us take our stuff back to the booth.
He does that.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I was too. Sorry!! Noah and his friend had to get back for work in the early afternoon so we didn’t have a lot of time to spare. I had wanted to introduce Noah but he’ll be at the Gathering this year. Hopefully you guys will be, too.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah, I was too. Sorry!! Noah and his friend had to get back for work in the early afternoon so we didn’t have a lot of time to spare. I had wanted to introduce Noah but he’ll be at the Gathering this year. Hopefully you guys will be, too.
We’ll be there

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They've already anounced Nov 3-5 for next year's dates, and will be back in the Seaport.
I thought it was at the Hynes again not Seaport?

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
From what I heard the Hynes was not as good for the exhibitors bringing in large "props", like the snowcat or the BRS bus. It will be at the bigger conference center across the street from where the ski show used to be held.

And from an email from Snowbound:
For those who weren't able to join us, you may not have heard our exciting news - next year, the show is moving to the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center with NEW dates November 3-5, 2023, and a NEW line up of amazing speakers!

Ted Ligety will headline the Inspiration Stage for 2023

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
From what I heard the Hynes was not as good for the exhibitors bringing in large "props", like the snowcat or the BRS bus. It will be at the bigger conference center across the street from where the ski show used to be held.

And from an email from Snowbound:
For those who weren't able to join us, you may not have heard our exciting news - next year, the show is moving to the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center with NEW dates November 3-5, 2023, and a NEW line up of amazing speakers!

Ted Ligety will headline the Inspiration Stage for 2023
Ohhhh interesting! I definitely didn’t love the setup of this year’s venue, especially the two spaces being broken up as they were. So I guess that’s good that they want to feel out other spots if that works better.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
They've already anounced Nov 3-5 for next year's dates, and will be back in the Seaport.
Yes, they talked about that with us when we arrived last Thursday to set up. The tunnel and wall between the two sides wasn't ideal.
We're excited that we'll be working with them on promo and presenting again next year.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online