• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowbound Expo in Boston Nov 18-20, 2022

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
B70CE335-6DD2-4836-B372-63835BC920FD.jpeg

This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Snowbound Expo in Boston Nov 18-20 2022. Please add to the discussion here.

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
See you there! Excited for the new format with panels/speakers and to see where these ski expos go in the post-megapass /post-COVID world. The basic trade show thing was getting worn out IMHO.

Last edited:

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Being Boston local, I got the 3 day ticket to give me flexibility for meeting up with friends as plans are made. Anyone interested in getting a group together for dinner and/or drinks on either Friday or Sunday?

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Being Boston local, I got the 3 day ticket to give me flexibility for meeting up with friends as plans are made. Anyone interested in getting a group together for dinner and/or drinks on either Friday or Sunday?
If I go (will know when DH’s November schedule is out in a few weeks), I would probably only be in town Saturday/Sunday and not be able to do drinks Sunday evening.

Would love to meet up though! :)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I need convincing. Dinner at Lucca in the north end might help.

Edit: Tony or no Tony, recommended to @Philpug.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I need convincing. Dinner at Lucca in the north end might help.

Edit: Tony or no Tony, recommended to @Philpug.

I'm a little lost. What does this mean?
Being a Michigander maybe I'm just not "in the know' of the east coast shorthand.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Being a Michigander maybe I'm just not "in the know' of the east coast shorthand.
Sorry Tricia. Not shorthand, just me not being clear.

1) If Boston area pugs are planning to make a social event out of this, that might tip the scales to get me to make the trip into the big city to attend the expo. Especially if a good restaurant is involved!

2) Regardless of #1, I think you and Phil would like Lucca, based on first hand sampling.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry Tricia. Not shorthand, just me not being clear.

1) If Boston area pugs are planning to make a social event out of this, that might tip the scales to get me to make the trip into the big city to attend the expo. Especially if a good restaurant is involved!

2) Regardless of #1, I think you and Phil would like Lucca, based on first hand sampling.
Ah, I will have to defer to @Philpug on this because he's the east coast food aficionado.

*caveat - We have some responsibilty at Snowbound, so we need to figure out our timing

Edit: It looks like we're going to be about 18 minutes away from Lucca if I'm understanding the locatoin correctly.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Short hand-
“Ski Shows” in NE have been notoriously bad and frankly not worth traveling more than 45 minutes to attend. Even back when ski magazines were breathlessly awaited. However, if people here are making it a thing, one might drive 2,3,4 hours to attend. Might.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
“Ski Shows” in NE have been notoriously bad and frankly not worth traveling more than 45 minutes to attend.
I am 30 miles west of Boston and I would be delighted if I could get there in 45 min. Heck, if I make it into Boston in 1.5 hours that is good...45 min has only happened on 2AM trips to Children's Hospital ER.

My standards are clearly NE...I have nothing to compare it to as I have only been to this Expo. I have fun every time - must be the cool ski friends that I hang with.

Sponsor

Staff online